- Mr. McMinn Responds to MHRA Guidelines July 2017
- Updated Guidelines To Monitor Metal on Metal Devices by UK’s MHRA 2017
- Women More Sensitized than Men to Metal in Hip Replacement Medical Study
- Metal in Total Hip Arthroplasty: Wear Particles, Biology, and Diagnosis
- Two4One 2 Years after my BHR Revisions I’m HEALED!!
- Vicky Marlow Interviews Pat Campbell about Metal Ions
- Normal Levels of Cobalt and Chromium after Hip Resurfacing
- New Blood
Friday 20th January 2017 Make Resurfacing Great Again!
This InaugurationDay, Mr McMinn says ‘Make Resurfacing Great Again’, pictured here with Joseph Daniel (McMinn Centre Director of Research) and Terry Smith (Managing Director of Jointmedica).
(Left to Right: Joseph Daniel, Mr Derek McMinn & Terry Smith)
Published on Dec 22, 2016 – A video lecture presented by Mr McMinn giving an update of Hip Resurfacing in December 2016.
… Read the rest
Birmingham Hip Resurfacing vs Total Hip Replacement by Smith & Nephew 2016… Read the rest
December 22, 2013
I just had my left hip resurfaced on the 18th and so far everything has gone well. Dr. Schmalzried at the JRI in Los Angeles performed the procedure.
December 28, 2013
I am 9 days post-op and aside from some swelling, feel pretty good. I don’t want to overdue it
January 14, 2014
I am just 5 wks short of my HR and went to one crutch … Read the rest
Note by Patricia Walter: This information is only for hip resurfacing in Australia. Many experienced hip resurfacing surgeons have personal series of HR which are more positive than the results below.
Summary of 2016 AOANJRR Report by Patricia Walter
PRIMARY TOTAL RESURFACING HIP REPLACEMENT
The Registry has recorded 8,895 total resurfacing hip replacement procedures in patients less than 55 years of age. In this … Read the rest
July 2, 2016
In January of 2008, I had my left hip resurfaced in Madison Wisconsin at University Hospitals and Clinics with a cemented Biomet device. My outcome has been excellent. Fast forward to today and now my right hip is wearing out. The surgeon who performed my left resurfacing no longer performs resurfacings and tried to steer me towards a total hip replacement. No thanks. I reached out to … Read the rest
Arizona – Smith & Nephew Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Action Dismissed Without Prejudice – September 29, 2016
PHOENIX – An Arizona federal judge has dismissed without prejudice a Birmingham Hip Resurfacing action filed against Smith & Nephew, ruling that the plaintiff failed to adequately assert facts supporting her allegations that the manufacturer violated federal regulations…… Read the rest
- Causes of Failure of Hip Resurfacing and Early Update with Metal on XL Polyethylene Hip Resurfacing by Mr. McMinn 2017
- The McMinn Centre Celebrates 20 Years of Birmingham Hip Resurfacing
- Dr. Laskowski Discusses Hip Resurfacing and BHR
- Mr. McMinn Interview about BHR Birmingham Hip Resurfacing 1999
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Part III – Benefits to patients
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Part II – Surgery Procedure
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing Part I – Symptoms
Avascular necrosis or osteonecrosis is the death of a segment of bone due to loss of blood supply. Both bone cells are the bone marrow are affected. AVN is a common cause of hip pain in young and middle aged patients between 35-50 years of age. It occurs more in males. AVN leads to severe degenerative arthritis of the hip joint and accounts for 10% of total hip replacement cases … Read the rest
August 1, 2016 A Wisconsin federal judge has awarded Smith & Nephew Inc. summary judgment in a case involving its Birmingham Hip Resurfacing implant, finding the plaintiffs failed to present expert testimony that the device was defective.
What is a Summary Judgement:
A final decision by a judge, upon a party’s motion, that resolves a lawsuit before there is a trial. The party making the motion … Read the rest
- 18 Year Update David’s Hip Resurfacing with Mr. McMinn 1999/2013
- 6 Year Update Jon’s Hip Resurfacing with Mr. McMinn 2011
- Do I Need Antibiotics After Total Joint Replacement When At The Dentist —Talking with Docs
- 20 Year Anniversary Video of BHR by McMinn Center 2017
- Marc’s Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Raterman 2014
- Birmingham Hip Resurfacing 20 Year Video
- Professor Cobb Interview About Hip Resurfacing and the Future of Hip Resurfacing