…The former NBA star underwent a resurfacing of his right hip on Dec. 21 at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, an injury he attributed to the “55,000 minutes” he played in a storied 19-year career.
“I feel great,” Kidd said. “Everything went well with the surgery. I’ve been around the team of late, for the shootaround and also for the game with San … Read the rest
M55 Arnie Pollinger of Holliston, Massachusetts, is a rare bird — he runs roads and sprints. Recently, he wrote me: “I realize my running and jumping might not be noteworthy except for the fact that I am doing all this with an artificial hip.” His surgery was in April 2012, and he’s run dozens of … Read the rest
December 25, 2015
Gave myself a christmas treat and went for my first post op ride.Just over three months since my BHR,and feeling good so got hold of some troy Lee padded shorts and did a 23km hilly road ride on my MTB.It was my old after work quick training loop which I used to in 58 mins. Just managed 1h6mins in bad wind and … Read the rest
December 20, 2015
It’s now 17 months post Op., and I’m back !!! on the “horse” and doing OK.
I had my first Tri in 20 months, Olympic Distance and survived well. It’s been a longer slow road to recovery, but it sure has paid dividends. THANKS PAT !!
My race went OK and was happy with the Swim and Bike, but found the Run … Read the rest
May 6, 2015
So its been 7 months since my Left HR and 6 Years since my Right HR.
And I have not run for at least seven years, mainly because after making a good recovery from my first op I started to slowly suffer in my other hip.
But last week I ran my first 5k run. Very slow and was hurting by the end of it, but felt … Read the rest
December 6, 2015
I had right hip resurfaced in March by Dr Gross. Recovery has gone well, started back in the gym after 2 months with biking, bodyweight exercises and light weights. I slowly worked myself back onto the treadmill around 6 months and today I ran my first 5K. Running was never my thing so it wouldn’t have bothered me if I was unable to run again. Fortunately, since … Read the rest
- Jim E Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Rogerson 2014 – Water Skiing
- Bill B’s Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Rogerson 2014 – Down Hill Skiing
- Doug Ribley Hip Resurfacing Dr. Brooks 2013 – Skiing
- Steven McKenzie Right BHR Dr. Rogerson 2013 – Wake Surfing
- Bill T’s Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Rogerson 2013 – Hockey
- Giles Village Bilateral Hip Resurfacing and Knee Replacement with Mr. McMinn 2013 – Skiing
- Ray Scott’s Hip Resurfacing
- Nancy K’s Bilateral Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Rogerson 2013/2014 – Hiking
- Lisa E’s Bilateral Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Rogerson 2007/2013
- Bam’s Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Gross 2013 – Horseback Riding
- Ashley Selman’s Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Vail 2013 – Fitness Trainer
- Chuck McBee’s BMHR with Mr. McMinn 2013 – Aerobics and Coach
- Denise’s Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Kelly 2012 – Motorcycling
- Laura R Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Rogerson 2010 –
- Eric B’s Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Rogerson 2014 – Weight Lifting and Jiujitsu
- Dick F’s Bilateral Hip Resurfacing Dr. Brooks 2013
- John Kalnay’s Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Brooks 2009 – Weight Lifting
- David Roya Hip Resurfacing Dr. Su 2012 – Taekwondo, Tai Chi & Yoga
- Jerry Wood Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Schmitt 2011 – Weight Lifting
- Harold’s Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Reice 2011 – Kajukenbo
- Iron Mike’s Hip Resurfacing with