Smith & Nephew BHR Brimingham Hip Resurfacing

Author Topic: Tested the new hip with a little BJJ  (Read 27794 times)

Dannywayoflife

Re: Tested the new hip with a little BJJ
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2012, 11:16:02 AM »
Thats awesome Nem!!
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

hernanu

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2012, 02:52:31 PM »
Nice, Nemesis. I have to find a kickback machine, my old gym had one and it was great. I think it's hidden in my new gym, but I'm still investigating. Still can't find a bathroom, limits the amount of time I can use to work out.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Nemesis

« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2012, 05:22:50 AM »
I wanted to add that on the leg press (or any leg machine) I am taking short breaks and the first few sets are hard but not max. I pick a weight and stick with it for all my sets. I get a great burn in my legs which is what I am after. This allows me to minimize the wear on the HR that I assume heavy poundages would bring.

No hip pain the next day. Some minor muscle soreness.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 05:24:17 AM by Nemesis »

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2012, 05:18:43 PM »
Keep up the good work mate!!
Train hard fight easy
60mm cup 54mm head
;)

Nemesis

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2012, 06:20:48 PM »
Went in for another session.  Did 2 hard rolls.  Technically as far as positioning I am great.  Still slow on my transitions.  HR hip is fine, slight soreness if anything.  MY OTHER HIP ON THE OTHER HAND.  :( has groin pain, and is sore and tight.  If anything stops my BJJ it will be my old hip not the HR hip. 

After my warmup I also have a very slight tightness if anything in my groin.  After 2 hard rolls, with a muscular 185lb or more opponent, my HR hip may have a slight swelling feeling.

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2012, 06:42:08 PM »
Awesome mate! I can't wait to be back on the mats! I can't wait to be back in the boxing ring either!!
Train hard fight easy
60mm cup 54mm head
;)

hernanu

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2012, 08:24:25 PM »
What do you do for a warmup, Nemesis? Maybe if you vary that, your muscles will react better

Nemesis

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2012, 04:44:58 AM »
What do you do for a warmup, Nemesis? Maybe if you vary that, your muscles will react better

Thanks for this. I never realized something.  As rule I never stretch my legs before warming up for at least 5 minutes.  That is except when I do BJJ as I stretch with the group. This is the tightness in the groin.

Non-operated hip still stiff with slight discomfort. Have not done anything because of my vivid memories of pain. I will be trying a strong anti-inflammatory / loosening supplement to see if that will help my hip joint.

hernanu

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2012, 05:08:27 PM »
No problem. I also never stretch before warming up, I remember nursing a groin pull for 11 months years ago (ay before OA), then getting smart and finding out about how ballet dancers warm up (was dating one). I started warming up and eventually lost the groin pain.

surratt

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2018, 05:07:59 AM »
any updates on this hip and bjj?  Im 5 weeks out from bilateral, Im a brown belt and im hoping to get back to training lightly at the 6 month mark....Ill likely start drilling and light rolling for a month or two just to be safe
Bilateral Hip resurface Dr. Gross
12/13/17
12/15/17

Hip Talk About Hip Resurfacing

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2018, 05:07:59 AM »

About The Hip Talk Discussion Group

The opinions expressed on Hip Talk belong to each individual member. Patricia Walter is the Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy. She is not a doctor or medically trained. She provides information about hip resurfacing and expresses her opinion about many hip resurfacing topics. She does not provide medical advice since only a qualified hip resurfacing surgeon can provide a patient with medical advice.

Hip Talk Moderation

Authority

The Hip Talk Discussion Group or forum is moderated on a Daily basis. The moderator and administrator is Patricia Walter. The moderator and forum members are not regarded as health professionals.

Complementarity

The information provided on this forum is designed to support, not replace, the direct relationship between patients and health professionals.

Privacy

We remind you that any message can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all. You do have the option to delete your messages. However, under exceptional circumstances, you can contact the moderators to do so. Thus, please take care regarding the information that you post.

The moderator and members should conduct themselves at all times with respect and honesty.

By using our forums, you agree to post information that is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and is of your personal experience. If the information you post is not personal experience, we request you to provide sources (references, links, etc.) whenever it is relevant and possible.

You are not allowed to post advertisements, whether in the form of text links or banners, for example.

The moderator reserve the right to delete any messages deemed inappropriate without notifying the author. In cases of abuse, the moderator reserve the right to ban a member of the forum. In both instances, an explanation will be provided if user requests.