Smith & Nephew BHR Brimingham Hip Resurfacing

Author Topic: 14 Month revision update  (Read 3666 times)

Some Dude

14 Month revision update
« on: December 12, 2014, 05:35:00 AM »
Back to doing everything I want to do. Hiking, bodysurfing, surfing, working, bicycling, riding dirt bikes, the whole schmeal. Haven't really noticed any "Limits" to what I can do with a thr. It's very good, I'm a happy camper  :)  Just thought I'd throw out some encouragement for those that unfortunately need a revision. It's not that big of a deal, and it's way better than a botched bhr trust me  ;)  Been riding my motorcycle in the desert and on the track, the new hip works awesome. Here's a little downhill we found last weekend :o, and no harm no foul on my little laugh in style tip over at the bottom haha. Just thought I'd give an update, hope you all have a great holiday season !  8)   This was a good one, it's steeper than it looks  :o  Big Fun !

« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:39:17 AM by Some Dude »

Tim Bratten

Re: 14 Month revision update
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 02:01:51 PM »
Cheers, Some Dude. There can be life after revision!
Botched LHR by Dr. Vilicich 06-17-2010 revised by Koen De Smet 02-14-2012
RHR Koen De Smet 02-05-2014

Dannywayoflife

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 06:50:59 PM »
So pleased it's worked out for you and you've got your life back mate!!! ;) good result ;)
Train hard fight easy
LBHR 10/11/2011 Mr Ronan Treacy Birmingham England
60mm cup 54mm head
Rbhr 54mm head 60mm cup 12/02/15 Ronan Treacy ROH Birmingham England
;)

JHippy

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 06:58:34 PM »
Loved the video! :) Very happy for the successful outcome.
Left HR; Dec. 17, 2014; Dr. Gross and Lee Webb NP;
uncemented Biomet Recap/Magnum; 50mm/56mm.

Some Dude

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 12:38:10 AM »
Thanks ! Yes I feel like the problem is actually fixed now. Would still love to have had a textbook bhr but.... no sense beatin' that horse anymore haha. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas and a great 2015 !

hernanu

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 01:05:44 AM »
Happy things, S.D. excellent and have a great holiday.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

evant

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 07:17:23 PM »
That's a great update. I'm really pleased all is good for you.
rbhr 3 january 2013
mr ronan treacy
royal orthopaedic hospital, birmingham, england

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 07:56:43 PM »
Thanks for the update and positive story.  Helpful to many people.

Good Luck!

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

doublerocket

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 11:11:32 PM »
Hi Dude... Just read your post and it sounds very exciting. as I am a 6 week newby revised from BHR to THR Delta big ball ceramic on ceramic by Koen Desmet. Just wondering what material was used in your THR and how your recovery process was in the early months ? I am also a motocrosser, jogger and allround sports enthusiast who is nervously curious about where all this will go and what I can expect if all heals well. Thanks for your promising update...Rob

Some Dude

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 07:07:24 AM »
Hi Dude... Just read your post and it sounds very exciting. as I am a 6 week newby revised from BHR to THR Delta big ball ceramic on ceramic by Koen Desmet. Just wondering what material was used in your THR and how your recovery process was in the early months ? I am also a motocrosser, jogger and allround sports enthusiast who is nervously curious about where all this will go and what I can expect if all heals well. Thanks for your promising update...Rob

Mines a ceramic coated titanium ball in a plastic lined cup. My recovery from the revision was actually a lot easier than the original bhr. But this surgeon used the anterior (front) approach so it's comparing apples and oranges, but it was easier the second time around.    I'm at a year and a half out now and rarely think about it. I waited a year before I rode because that's what the doctor wanted, "Wait a year then go crazy"  Since October I've ridden in the desert 3 or 4 times, done 3 otmx races and a grand prix at Glen Helen. The hip feels sold and strong. It was sore the first few rides, but so was every other part of me haha.  I'm still gaining rom because I was a little nervous to push it because of the stories that "THR's dislocate easily" Dr Klug told me bs once it's healed you'd really have to try and dislocate it. I can swing it over the seat on my YZ250 now, it took awhile but I can do it now, it aint pretty but I can get on the dumb thing now without having to climb on it like a horse. I can even lift it up onto the kickstarter and stick it out in turns.  Anyway yeah I'm happy with mine, especially after going through the whole tailspin to revision road. Glad you're on the healing side of things ! good luck to you ! 

ps. I felt like I could have easily rode at 6 months, but my wife would have strangled me. We were pretty much doing EGG ZACK LEE what the doc said being as this was #2. He said wait a year, and she heard him, believe me she heard him.... no way I was getting near a mx track before the 12 month mark LOL. Best of luck !   

Some Dude

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 07:16:48 AM »
I'm not real confident with my starts yet and my speed, endurance and confidence is off from what it was but it's getting better each outing. This was from march 15th, I dump it on the non operated side at about the 8-1/2 minute mark in moto 2, no harm no foul. I'm quite slow, midpack 50 novice, (I'm 56) but I was able to run a couple guys down and pass them and that's always a good day right ? Hahaha. Warning: I'm not fast so the video may get a tad.... boring LOL. Anyway it seems like were hauling azz to me and at 56 that's all that matters  ;)   :) ;D
moto 1

moto 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avB6jvq88Y8&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:28:04 AM by Some Dude »

Hip Talk About Hip Resurfacing

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 07:16:48 AM »

About The Hip Talk Discussion Group

The opinions expressed on Hip Talk belong to each individual member. Patricia Walter is the Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy. She is not a doctor or medically trained. She provides information about hip resurfacing and expresses her opinion about many hip resurfacing topics. She does not provide medical advice since only a qualified hip resurfacing surgeon can provide a patient with medical advice.

Hip Talk Moderation

Authority

The Hip Talk Discussion Group or forum is moderated on a Daily basis. The moderator and administrator is Patricia Walter. The moderator and forum members are not regarded as health professionals.

Complementarity

The information provided on this forum is designed to support, not replace, the direct relationship between patients and health professionals.

Privacy

We remind you that any message can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all. You do have the option to delete your messages. However, under exceptional circumstances, you can contact the moderators to do so. Thus, please take care regarding the information that you post.

The moderator and members should conduct themselves at all times with respect and honesty.

By using our forums, you agree to post information that is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and is of your personal experience. If the information you post is not personal experience, we request you to provide sources (references, links, etc.) whenever it is relevant and possible.

You are not allowed to post advertisements, whether in the form of text links or banners, for example.

The moderator reserve the right to delete any messages deemed inappropriate without notifying the author. In cases of abuse, the moderator reserve the right to ban a member of the forum. In both instances, an explanation will be provided if user requests.