Smith & Nephew BHR Brimingham Hip Resurfacing

Author Topic: I Found a Kitten in the Road Today  (Read 2267 times)

blinky

I Found a Kitten in the Road Today
« on: September 01, 2015, 06:22:18 PM »
I found a kitten in the road today.

That has nothing to do with my hips, I know, but was a welcome distraction.

I was on my way home from the gym, where I had been lifting weights and doing abs to get ready for surgery, see this is hip related, when I saw something in the middle of a busy intersection. I figured it was just socks or rags, but no, on closer inspection, it was a kitten! I couldn't just leave it without checking if it was alive, so I hit my hazard lights and jumped out of the car, being careful to get the attention of the other drivers who would otherwise run me down. When I bent down to check, the kitten scurried away (alive!) but only partway across the road. Damn! If it had crossed the road I would have been off the hook. Now I knew it was in decent shape and still in danger.  I went in pursuit and scooped it up and took it back to my car.

Went home, unloaded perishable groceries, yelled until son woke up to help me find the kitten, who was now somewhere in the car (where?), put it in a box and get it to the vet for evaluation. The vet looked it---her---over and said she was fine. Six weeks old.

So now she is living in my shower until I ascertain if she is lost or abandoned. I think I have a new pet....

(FWIW this happened to me three years ago at an even busier intersection. That time the kitten had been hit by a car, had a broken leg, and was harder to capture. But we did catch him, and several thousand dollars later (!) we had a new pet. I am a sucker for kittens.)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy
Re: I Found a Kitten in the Road Today
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 08:05:28 PM »
Hi Blinky

Big Heart - bad hip!  Good for you.  Great when folks help the four legged critters.  Been There and done that.  Usually not in a lot of traffic.  Glad you were able to save the little girl.

I have done our local shelter website since 2001 and understand it all. 

Your post gave me a chuckle. Enjoyed it.  Good luck with the little kitten.  PS:  Gave your post it's own topic since many interesting items sometimes get overlooked in the discussion group.

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

blinky

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 10:19:44 PM »
Thanks Pat!

Three cats isn't too many. is it? Last child leaves home in a few days and the kids are teasing me that I will become a crazy cat lady once they are gone.

I told them I was giving each cat his own room. Hey, we have the space now.

TotalWus

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 12:53:43 AM »
I'm a dog person but they're not allowed in my building. We adopted this guy at 8 weeks old and the size of a teacup from a gym bulletin board in 2001. He needed some radio-iodine therapy last year and he's slowing down, but still hanging in there.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 12:56:02 AM by TotalWus »

blinky

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 01:51:53 PM »
Aw! What a handsome guy.

Hip Talk About Hip Resurfacing

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 01:51:53 PM »

About The Hip Talk Discussion Group

The opinions expressed on Hip Talk belong to each individual member. Patricia Walter is the Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy. She is not a doctor or medically trained. She provides information about hip resurfacing and expresses her opinion about many hip resurfacing topics. She does not provide medical advice since only a qualified hip resurfacing surgeon can provide a patient with medical advice.

Hip Talk Moderation

Authority

The Hip Talk Discussion Group or forum is moderated on a Daily basis. The moderator and administrator is Patricia Walter. The moderator and forum members are not regarded as health professionals.

Complementarity

The information provided on this forum is designed to support, not replace, the direct relationship between patients and health professionals.

Privacy

We remind you that any message can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all. You do have the option to delete your messages. However, under exceptional circumstances, you can contact the moderators to do so. Thus, please take care regarding the information that you post.

The moderator and members should conduct themselves at all times with respect and honesty.

By using our forums, you agree to post information that is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and is of your personal experience. If the information you post is not personal experience, we request you to provide sources (references, links, etc.) whenever it is relevant and possible.

You are not allowed to post advertisements, whether in the form of text links or banners, for example.

The moderator reserve the right to delete any messages deemed inappropriate without notifying the author. In cases of abuse, the moderator reserve the right to ban a member of the forum. In both instances, an explanation will be provided if user requests.

Visit Our Facebook Page

Helpful Info
Home Page
Index to Articles
Newbie Info
HR Positive Results
Videos
FAQ
Hip Stories

Paid Advertisements

Dr. Lopez

View My Stats