3 (1.9%)
Squeals with I am very active
5 (3.2%)
Squeals when I am dehydrated
4 (2.5%)
Definitely needs a lub job
6 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author Topic: Squealing Poll  (Read 17890 times)

hernanu

Re: Squealing Poll
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 07:08:50 PM »
Sounds like you need to hydrate. I lift more than that regularly and have not run into squeaking.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

cjohnson

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2017, 01:09:44 AM »
I've had squeaking several times. They all correlate to both heavy exercise and dehydration. Here is a brief history:
Right hip resurfaced by Pritchett May 2015.
My first squeak was January 2016 after about 20 miles of nordic skate skiing on soft snow. I had sweated a lot and had drank roughly 1 liter, which is not enough. The squeaking occurred after I drove home, when I was going upstairs to take a shower; my wife heard it 2 rooms over.
Second squeak was a few weeks later again after significant nordic skiing. Very similar circumstance, but this time it squeaked getting up after stretching.
The third time happened in the first week of a two week backpacking trip in the John Muir wilderness. I'm from humid Seattle, so being above 10,000 ft in very arid climate certainly led to dehydration. Getting up the fourth day I could definitely tell that the joint was not properly lubricated. I stayed in camp that day and drank ~10 liters of water. After getting up 8 times that night (to pee), the joint seemed okay the next day (well lubricated).
I continued to hydrate as best I could on that trip, but after day 9 I had another squeaking incident. That day we resupplied with food and then started hiking again. The resupply added about 20 pounds to my pack, and after about 2000 ft of climbing the hip started getting grindy again. I have evidence that there is definitely an element on exertion to the squeaking formula. This time a night's rest along with hydration seemed to work.

I don't like it when my joint squeaks. My concern is that I will damage the bearing surfaces, which will then require even more lubrication to keep it moving smoothly. Does anyone have any experience that suggests squeaking becomes more likely with repetition?
Curtis

karlos.bell

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2017, 07:43:09 PM »
 8) Cool Cjohnson. Mine seem to squeak at the odd time. No relation to hydration. More to muscle weakness and imbalance I have found. But hydration would not help. Food source is also another item the foods you eat are they hydrated foods, sodium high?.. if these joints get dehydrated so would the other joints and you would feel it. My assumption is no set pattern. Give it heaps as you are doing... Good to see.
Cheers K
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 07:44:00 PM by karlos.bell »
Dr Koen De Smet 29-April-2015 Conserve Plus - HR Left  48mm - HR Right 50mm.
FAI hip surgery failure right side 2011- FAI  right and left failure 2013.

Hip Talk About Hip Resurfacing

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2017, 07:43:09 PM »

About The Hip Talk Discussion Group

The opinions expressed on Hip Talk belong to each individual member. Patricia Walter is the Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy. She is not a doctor or medically trained. She provides information about hip resurfacing and expresses her opinion about many hip resurfacing topics. She does not provide medical advice since only a qualified hip resurfacing surgeon can provide a patient with medical advice.

Hip Talk Moderation

Authority

The Hip Talk Discussion Group or forum is moderated on a Daily basis. The moderator and administrator is Patricia Walter. The moderator and forum members are not regarded as health professionals.

Complementarity

The information provided on this forum is designed to support, not replace, the direct relationship between patients and health professionals.

Privacy

We remind you that any message can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all. You do have the option to delete your messages. However, under exceptional circumstances, you can contact the moderators to do so. Thus, please take care regarding the information that you post.

The moderator and members should conduct themselves at all times with respect and honesty.

By using our forums, you agree to post information that is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and is of your personal experience. If the information you post is not personal experience, we request you to provide sources (references, links, etc.) whenever it is relevant and possible.

You are not allowed to post advertisements, whether in the form of text links or banners, for example.

The moderator reserve the right to delete any messages deemed inappropriate without notifying the author. In cases of abuse, the moderator reserve the right to ban a member of the forum. In both instances, an explanation will be provided if user requests.

Visit Our Facebook Page

Helpful Info
Home Page
Index to Articles
Newbie Info
HR Positive Results
Videos
FAQ
Hip Stories

Paid Advertisements

Dr. Lopez

View My Stats