SMF User Help
Welcome to Hip Talk About Hip Resurfacing, powered by Simple Machines® Forum (SMF) software!
SMF® is the elegant, effective, powerful and free forum software solution that this site is running. It allows users to communicate in discussion topics on a given subject in a clever and organized manner. Furthermore, it has a number of powerful features which end users can take advantage of. Help for many of SMF's features can be found by either clicking the question mark icon next to the relevant section or by selecting one of the links on this page. These links will take you to SMF's centrally-located documentation on the Simple Machines official site.
- Registering - Many forums require users to register to gain full access.
- Logging In - Once registered, users must login to access their account.
- Profile - Each member has their own personal profile.
- Search - Searching is an extremely helpful tool for finding information in posts and topics.
- Posting - The whole point of a forum, posting allows users to express themselves.
- Bulletin Board Code (BBC) - Posts can be spiced up with a little BBC.
- Personal Messages - Users can send personal messages to each other.
- Memberlist - The memberlist shows all the members of a forum.
- Calendar - Users can keep track of events, holidays, and birthdays with the calendar.
- Features - Here is a list of the most popular features in SMF.
For more information about how to use SMF, please see the Simple Machines Documentation Wiki and check out the credits to find out who has made SMF what it is today.
About The Hip Talk Discussion Group
The opinions expressed
on Hip Talk belong to each individual member. Patricia Walter is the Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy. She is not a doctor or medically trained. She provides information about hip resurfacing and expresses
her opinion about many hip resurfacing topics. She does not provide medical advice since only a qualified hip resurfacing surgeon can
provide a patient with medical advice.
Hip Talk Moderation
The Hip Talk Discussion Group or forum is moderated on a Daily basis. The moderator and administrator is Patricia Walter. The moderator and forum members are not regarded as health professionals.
The information provided on this forum is designed to support, not replace, the direct relationship between patients and health
We remind you that any message can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all.
You do have the option to delete your messages. However, under
exceptional circumstances, you can contact the moderators to do so.
Thus, please take care regarding the information that you post.
The moderator and members should conduct themselves at all times with
respect and honesty.
By using our forums, you agree to post information that is true and
correct to the best of your knowledge and is of your personal
experience. If the information you post is not personal experience, we
request you to provide sources (references, links, etc.) whenever it is
relevant and possible.
You are not allowed to post advertisements, whether in the form of text
links or banners, for example.
The moderator reserve the right to delete any messages deemed
inappropriate without notifying the author. In cases of abuse, the
moderator reserve the right to ban a member of the forum. In both
instances, an explanation will be provided if user requests.
Visit Our Facebook Page