+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: follow up for staple removal  (Read 2260 times)

jjiam

follow up for staple removal
« on: September 19, 2007, 07:17:21 PM »
Heya here I am again wondering when i get my staples removed, should i seek to get an ortho surgeon guy to undo them to see if the incision has healed correctly?  or just a regular family doctor or any doctor can remove them.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: follow up for staple removal
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 08:09:46 PM »
Hi

I would imagine you could depend on your family doctor.

I am sorry but I can't really help you from experience.  I had only self dissolving stitches. That's what they use in Belgium. It makes for a very nice healing incision. There were 2 string stitches that had to be removed after surgery - one in Belgium and one either by me or my famly doctor.  I choose the family doctor. 

Why don't you ask your surgeon's office what they recommend?  That is always the best way to get advice.  They should have told you what to do.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

hippy_bob

Re: follow up for staple removal
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 10:19:58 AM »
Heya here I am again wondering when i get my staples removed, should i seek to get an ortho surgeon guy to undo them to see if the incision has healed correctly?  or just a regular family doctor or any doctor can remove them.

I had a "visiting nurse" come to remove my staples about 12 days after surgery. Took all of about 5 minutes to remove 21 staples. No pain at all.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat