+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 10 weeks post-op and I have my life back! Sacramento CA  (Read 1968 times)

calygirl44

10 weeks post-op and I have my life back! Sacramento CA
« on: January 04, 2010, 07:35:19 PM »
 :D
I'm a very active person and I was having groin pain for the last two years thinking I continued to strain the same muscles everytime I hiked, biked, worked out, etc, etc. Hmmm, what the heck is going on here? Finally my regular doctor sent me to an orthopedic surgeon and he took one look at my x-ray and informed me that I needed a THR. Shocker! I was devastated since I'm only 44 years old. I am too young for this to be happening to me.  I continued in vain to try and strengthen the muscles, received cortisone shots, water therapy, you name it, I tried it.  I could no longer bare the pain & the pain medication. 

I researched the internet and found out about Hip Resurfacing and continued on my quest to find an experienced surgeon which is key.  The third one was a charm (Dr.Timothy Mar) and my surgery was completed on 10/20/2009 at Sutter General - Sacramento. I just had my 10 week follow up and have been given the green light to begin enjoying all of the activities that I have had to put on hold (golfing, snowboarding, biking, hiking).  I have my life back and couldn't be happier. 

If you find that you are a candidate, please don't wait any longer to have this surgery. Just make sure you find a skilled/experienced doctor that your comfortable with because it makes a world of difference.

bothdone

Re: 10 weeks post-op and I have my life back! Sacramento CA
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2010, 04:33:05 AM »
Congrats!  Hope everything keeps going well for you.

Ed
LBHR 25 May 2004
RBHR 19 March 2008

roosevelt heights

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2010, 01:33:29 PM »
I am nearly one month away from having my R hip resurfaced. I am a 42 years old junior college basketball referee, and have had to sit out this season beacause of both hips hurtin (L hip scheduled for April 2010)...Caly and Both, I am extremely encouraged after reading both of your post...I cant wait to be able to encourage someone...My goal is to be on the floor by November 2010, any tips?

Foosball

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 04:12:41 PM »
I just had my 10 week post-op check up too.  I had my surgery done one day after you calygirl!  I'm also just down the road from you in Livermore.

My doc says I'm good to go too.  No skiing though til next year.....no falling.  But I can hike, bike, play drums.  He is also sending me to PT to help with my range of motion.

I still have some tenderness and the start-up stiffness. I'm going to use the pain as my monitor as I get more active.   No more potty chair...yea!!!!!

I've already been going to the gym for the last couple weeks.  Using light resistance on the recumbent bike, elliptical, and treadmill.  Now I can gradually start increasing the work load.

In addition, he gave me a script for antibiotics for when I have dental work.  He wants that to continue for the rest of my life.

Very happy so far with the results of my RBHR.  Can't wait until the soreness goes away.  I figure that'll be a few more months.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 06:56:11 PM by Foosball »
RBHR - Oct 21st, 2009 - Dr. Salypongse

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat