+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Just learning about hip resurfacing  (Read 1365 times)

Shari

Just learning about hip resurfacing
« on: March 27, 2010, 01:52:56 PM »
Hi, I am just learning about hip resurfacing . I am 58 years old and have been having intermittent L hip pain for about a year--told by orthopods that "need replaced when pain is bad enough"  Well, its getting there! Am real tired of the "gimping" around and not being able to sleep a full night so am exploring all options.
Accidently found out about hip resurfacing while playing on the computer--this web site is a great resource and am still exploring it..
Are there any experienced surgeons in Colorado-specifically the Western Slope--that you are aware of?  
Thanks for any input
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 04:39:48 PM by Pat Walter »

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Just learning about hip resurfacing
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 04:43:43 PM »
Hi Shari

I gave you your own topic.  Welcome to Hip Talk.

There are several doctors in CO  http://www.surfacehippy.info/listofdoctors.php#Colorado   Most people that have hip resurfacing have to travel to use the expeirnced hip resurfacing surgeons.  In the US, the doctors are very conservative and normally don't want to to women over 50 or 55.  You will have to go to the top surgeons to find one that will consider doing an older woman. Of course, you bone stock has to be good enough to withstand a hip resurfacing or they will give you a MOM THR.  If you do have a THR, make sure it is a MOM metal on metal large ball THR or ceramic on ceramic.  Don't liet them give you an old fashioned small ball plastic/metal THR.  They dislocate easily.

Talk with some of the folks here.  Read some of the hip stories and listen to some of the doctor  video interviews.  http://www.surfacehippy.info/shvideos/videosdoctor.php

Stay in touch.

Pat
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 04:46:07 PM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Shari

Re: Just learning about hip resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 03:55:25 PM »
Thanks Pat for your response. I am going to spend some time just cruising your wonderful site

Shari

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat