+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Swivel  (Read 2146 times)

Lopsided

Swivel
« on: August 30, 2010, 07:38:19 AM »
Day Twelve

I am far from doing the splits or anything gymnastic, but I do notice that when I walk my hip swivels. Not much, but when I walk and put weight on my operated leg, I can perceptibly feel some rotation under my pelvis. I have not really had this natural movement for years. The other hip is still stiff and just moves slightly off of forward and back.

It is difficult as my muscles are not used to this movement. The last few years, the muscles of my legs and bottom have wasted, and now I need their strength to control my legs. So after fifteen minutes of walking, I can feel getting quite tight on the outside and inside of my thigh and calf. It is not just learning to walk properly again, it is training the muscles.

I know I do not need the other hip done yet, and do not know when that will be. But I do not mind if I have to get it done relatively soon.

Wish I could walk indefinitely as I used to.

Proud To Be Dr. De Smet's First Uncemented Conserve Plus, Left, August 2010

B.I.L.L.

Re: Swivel
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 05:05:50 AM »
Day Twelve

Wish I could walk indefinitely as I used to.

Day 12 and you're not jogging around the neighborhood yet ?
Damn dude you better go get you're money back....

Haha just kidding 8)   I think you are right about the muscles needing to be "re-trained"  My operated leg wanted to "turn in" when I went up stairs for quite awhile but that eventually went away. I also had too much "Toe-in" (operated leg pointing towards other foot) and wore out my first pair of shoes all weird after surgery, but it to eventually straightened itself back out. Don't worry and stay positive, pretty soon you will be able to "walk indefinately" (or at least you're new hip won't be whats holding you back) Pace yourself, do your pt (no more, no less than what the doctor says) and be patient, you'll get there sooner than you think, just my $.02.   Good luck !! :D   

Lopsided

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 10:43:28 AM »
Thank you Bill.

Dan

Proud To Be Dr. De Smet's First Uncemented Conserve Plus, Left, August 2010

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 02:25:45 AM »
Thank you Bill.

Dan

You're welcome !!;D  Hope progress comes quick and easy for you.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat