+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr. Ball Bilateral Resurfacing  (Read 1733 times)

wayne-0

Dr. Ball Bilateral Resurfacing
« on: November 10, 2008, 08:35:26 PM »
Hey Hippies,
It's official I'm a member of the family (with two fists pumped up to the air).Bi-lat surgery with Dr.Ball at UCSD went picture perfect(according to the Dr.)I just walked(with a walker of course) thru the front door of my home Yes home on day 3 post op. I just want everyone that is having surgery soon or the near future my bone on bone pain is completly gone as soon as I woke up from surgery, and let me tell you that pain was intense.Now my buttcheeks are sore but that pain is nothing and I mean nothing compared to that bone on bone pain.By the way I am only on tylenoyl now for pain. I'm tired so I will check in soon as I can.For all of you future hippies go for it this really works.

Wayne-0
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

B.I.L.L.

Re: Dr. Ball Bilateral Resurfacing
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 12:00:47 PM »
Great news !!!   Stoked for ya dude, hope your recovery is fast and smooth.

Big Bill

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 12:30:14 PM »
Hey Wayne-o... welcome to the other side!  Keep in touch and let others know of your progress and journey ! Now you will be able to help future hippies! BOL

Big Bill  C.A.S.H.  7/09/08    8)

wayne-0

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 03:29:25 PM »
Well what a week it's been.Things overall are pretty well.I have learned that the easiest of tasks like getting out of bed, going to the bathroom, showering take so much energy after surgery.However all of you guys and gals have always posted that every day gets better and easier and I have found that to be the truth.Today I'm post op day 8 and getting stronger and stronger :). I don't know how difficult the first few days are for a single hip but I do know the first few days for both hips took alot of my energy.On the fifth day post op my energy level came back big time. I'm walking around pretty darn good with a walker still( I tried crutches and did okey but right now I feel safer with a walker). I can't thank you all enough for your replies and support. I truly am not sure if I could have gone thru all this if it were not for all your help ;D. The future looks bright surfing,snowboarding,ice skating,rollerblading all that  , even just walking normal again.Wow. Any one looking at getting both done e-mail me if you have any questions. Until my next post laters.

Wayne-0

11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 03:44:18 PM »
Hi Wayne-0

Glad to hear you are getting stronger.  It takes a long time for anyone to regain their energy after major surgery.  Just be patient and you will find your energy again.

You are over the first hump, so now you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I hope your recovery continues to go well.  You will have 2 great hips to depend on pretty soon.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM