+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Question about knee popping  (Read 2670 times)

KFla

Question about knee popping
« on: February 16, 2008, 09:09:14 PM »
My boyfriend underwent hip resurfacing on 2/1/08 with doctor Su.  He is doing really great.  1 week post-op he started to feel what appears to be a knee pop on his left side (he had resurfacing on the left hip).  Does anyone know what this could be?  Or has anyone experienced the same?

Thank you -- hopefully soon he will provide to you his story.  We are truly impressed with Doctor Su's work and professionalism.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 03:24:25 PM by Pat Walter »

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Question about knee popping
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 09:35:44 PM »
Hi
Welcome to Hip Talk.

I did not have my knee pop, but many people have problems with their knees after hip resurfacing surgery.  The new hip is now in original condition and your body is not use to that.  It has put up with a problem hip and in many cases a somewhat shorter hip due to the loss of cartilage and bone on bone situation.  So the back, knees and other hip have to start to adjust.

Also when they dislocate your hip for surgery, they may possibly have put some extra strain on the knee.  So the knee has to get back to normal.

For the best answer, just give Dr. Su's office a call and ask what might be causing the problem. He will give you a better answer than all of us non-medical people. Dr. Su is a great doctor. He has provided my webstie with good articles to help people learn about hip resurfacing topics.

Good Luck. Your boyfriend is really in the early stages of recovery and he will feel many things changing in his body.  He has been thru major surgery and that is very difficult.  Many of us are lucky and have quick and easy recoveries - but the body still takes a lot of time to heal.

Please stay in touch and tell your boyfriend we wish him good luck.  I look forward to getting a story to post on the website.

Pat

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

KFla

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 10:59:05 AM »
Pat,

This is so helpful, thank you!  Yes, his story is unique to the ones you had.  His hip issue was a result of a major car accident in July 2002.  We are SO happy he was able to get this surgery.  He had numerous injuries in the accident -- inlcuding a broken acertablum. 

Ronnie

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 08:37:16 AM »
Hi KFLA
            I also had that knee popping it went away the more i did those lying in bed knee bends. I thought it was from being laid up in bed not bending my leg.
                               Tell him Good luck Ronnie

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat