+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 3 1/2 WEEKS POST OP  (Read 2029 times)

Raul G

• FLEXFLOORS
3 1/2 WEEKS POST OP
« on: March 01, 2008, 06:18:55 PM »
Just an update: this week I had my staples removed from my incision. ;D there was very little pain and it was over quickly. My Dr. wants me to use the walker for another 2 weeks and then switch over to a cane for 3 weeks then lose the cane. I thought he was going to let me go to a cane when I had my staples removed but I guess every Dr. has different precautions. I was already using my cane a little around the house but I'll go with what he say's.
I'll start out patient pt next week. I'm doing great and it was nice being able to take my first shower since the surgery.

LBHR 2/5/08 DR.KUEISIS- ALEXIAN BROS HOSPITAL

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 3 1/2 WEEKS POST OP
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 06:26:35 PM »
Hi Raul

Glad to hear everything is going well for you.  It is best to stick with what your doctor wants you to do. 

That is one of the reasons many of us liked to go overseas.  Under normal circumstances, they have you on one crutch quickly.  They don't even use walkers.  That makes live much easier.  One elbow crutch is much easier to use than a cane. 

The US doctors are much more conservative.  Since you have this much time invested, you might as well go with the program.  You will soon be walking without any help - spring is not far away.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

takilasunrise

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 09:37:19 AM »
My doctor wanted me to wait to drive until I could walk without any assistance, but once I was down to one crutch and/or cane, I started to drive.  I had to keep my seat back farther than normal and use my left foot to brake at first, but I was fine.  I only used a walker while I was in the hospital.  They asked me what I would prefer to use at home, but a walker would have been impractical.  My doctor wanted me down to one crutch and then a cane pretty quick (as did my PT).  I used 2 crutches outside for awhile because we had had above normal snow this winter and so there was lots of ice outside, so I was extra cautious.  I saw in another thread someone was still using elbow crutches at 6 weeks post-op, but I guess everyone is different. 

Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery, Raul!

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 12:03:49 PM »
Hi Rual

I hope all is going well for you.  I have your story posted in the main website  http://www.surfacehippy.info/hipstories08/raul08.php  I will try to watch for any updates to post. 

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM