+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 8 week post op.  (Read 2028 times)

Ardnas

8 week post op.
« on: March 18, 2008, 07:33:37 PM »
Hi All,

I am eight week post op tomorrow and just had to share with you all that I walked about the house today unaided!!!!  I am so happy.  I will continue to use my one elbow crutch outside but walking with no pain (only some stiffness) and no lilting to the side is just so good.  Also I have lost quite a bit of weight since my operation and wonder if it is due to the fact that I am not stuffing myself with painkillers anymore?

Sandra LBHR 1/23/08

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 8 week post op.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 09:17:17 PM »
Hi Sandra

Congratulations on your new hip.  Glad to hear you are walking about unaided.  Everyone has their own recovery schedule.  We were always told that as long as we did not limp, we could stop using the elbow crutch.  Each doctor is different.

Who was your surgeon?  Since you are using elbow crutches it sounds like you are not in the US.  Most US doctors use walkers or regular crutches.

I went to Dr De Smet in Beligum and used an elbow crutch.  I really liked it and as I started taking long walks could almost use it like a cane.

Losing weight is usually good for most people unless you were very thin to start with.  Maybe you are getting around more now that you don't hurt. 

Good Luck and keep in touch.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Ardnas

Re: 8 week post op.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 05:40:26 AM »
Hi Pat,

Thank you for your kind words.  No I am not in the US I am from Scotland.  You have asked me already to post my story and I promise I will soon.  I was on two elbow crutches to start off and the last two week I have been down to one (I still use two outside when I go for a walk).  Yesterday was so good to be able to walk unaided.  I am still not ready to discard my crutch but seeing the light at the end of the tunnel is soooooooo  good!

Sandra

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal