+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Any Cormet People Out There?  (Read 2592 times)

Dev

Any Cormet People Out There?
« on: April 07, 2008, 08:12:13 AM »
I am having surgery may 7th and I am starting to second guess myself because I have chosen the Cormet Device.  This site seems to me nothing but BHR patients.  Should I be worried?  I would love to hear some Cormet success stories.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Any Cormet People Out There?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 10:55:25 PM »
Hi

I am sorry but I just don't have much info about the Cormet or the surgeons performing hip resurfacing with the product. 

I would be interested in hearing from people that have had it too.

Most of us have had the BHR, Wright C+ or Biomet because that is what was most available.  The BHR is the most widely used device worldwide.

If you look at Question #6 on the Hippy Survery - you can see how many people had the cormet  http://www.surfacehippy.info/survey/hipresurfacingsurvey.php

I hope you will keep in touch so we can learn more. 

You might also want to post on the Yahoo Discussion Group and ask the same questions - there are over 7000 members there  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/surfacehippy/

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Big Bill

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 08:03:32 AM »
Hi...my resurfacing is scheduled July 9th. My Dr. is using the Cormet and the Anterior approach. Have you had yours done? I would be nice to hear your progress!

Big Bill

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 02:02:37 PM »
Hi Bill

Did you see the video about the Cormet on my videos page?  It is #6 here  http://www.surfacehippy.info/shvideos/videos.php

I am currently working with Corin in the UK, manufacturers of the Cormet, to get more information for the website.  They are to provide the info any day now.

I am also working with Dr. Stulberg in Cleveland. He is one of Strykers training surgeons.  He sent me a long email all about the Cormet, but he did not realease it for posting on the website yet.  I hope he will write it in a format to be posted soon. 

The website has pretty much been about the BHR since it was used the most worldwide and was the first FDA approved.  We know a lot about it, but very little about the Cormet.  So I have pushed the Stryker people to help me get more info, stories and videos for the website.

The Cormet is manufactured by Corin LTD of the UK and marketed by Stryker.  More doctors are starting to use it, so I hope we will get more input from patients in the future too.

Sorry I can't give you any more info than that right now, but I should have more information posted soon.

Pat
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Big Bill

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 07:25:12 PM »
Hi everyone..... Big Bill here--- hip resurfacing 7/09/08--anterior approach...Cormet Device. (I am also participating in a 24 month study)... Home 7/11 and doing great. Came home w/only crutches,slept great,stood up w/out crutches today for 30 minutes while shaving and freshening up. Been getting up at will doing my excercises w/thoughtful moderation. Anyone want some info ....just type away! It would be my pleasure to help !

Big Bill ---Official Surfacehippy 7/9/08 

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008, 07:30:07 PM »
Hi Big Bill
You will be our official Cormet Surface Hippy!

I am glad you are doing well.  That's what we all want - a quick and easy recovery.

I wish you the very best.  Keep in touch.

Pat
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Big Bill

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 08:39:37 PM »
Pat... as always ,thanks for your attention to detail on this forum. I accept the title aforementioned---with a slight modification ...Cormet Anterior Surface Hippy..... aka...

C.A.S.H. ----Big Bill

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 08:45:43 PM »
Cool Big Bill

How about $$$$$

Pat
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Big Bill

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 11:06:53 PM »
 Pat...We will see about the $$$$$....what about organizing the next Regional or Annual Surface Hippy Convention???? Lets' talk !!!!

Big Bill ???

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 08:04:35 AM »
Hi Bill

I was kidding you - since you are using CASH as a signature, you could just change it to $$$$

That was all I meant. Trying to be funny.

Boy, an annual Surface Hippy Convention would be neat.  Only problem is we have people from all over the US and it costs so much to travel any more.

Maybe there should be an East Coast Convention and a West Coast Convention.  Dr. Mont talked about something like that.  It would be neat to have doctors talk and hip manufactures talk and make presentations.

If I could get us some financial backing from the medical companies - it would most likely be doable with a lot of work. 

I don't know if one in the middle of the country would work. 

Vicky has CA get togethers a couple times a year.  She just had one with 30+ people.

A real convention would be neat.

I am sorry if you did not understand what I meant about the $$$$.  I was just being silly.  I am not asking for any.

I will ask Dr. Mont about a convention and maybe Vicky can ask some of her doctor contacts too.

Pat - not a CASH, but a BHR Posterior    ;D
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Big Bill

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 09:55:47 AM »
Pat ---it is all good here ! I like havin' a little fun ,too ! I think it would be terrific to have a type of convention, Docs ,vendors,sponsors (a Surface Hippy Booth),etc... It could be huge!  If not  in the near future...the not so distant! Who says what is or is not in the future....I was told "hip replacement" years ago...now look...C.A.S.H.

Big Bill  C.A.S.H.    8)  ;)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat