+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pain in left hip, saw Dr Marwin today, good news  (Read 1184 times)

Woodstock Hippy

Pain in left hip, saw Dr Marwin today, good news
« on: March 14, 2013, 04:15:35 PM »
Around Christmas I had a doozy of a crash on the mountain bike.  I didn't land on my hip, I landed on my shoulder and head.  I twisted the hip as it was coming out of the pedal.  It was sore and I called it a day.  I did run the next day and it really only hurt getting back into my truck afterward.  It was getting better but then one day in February I did a hard track workout, running, and then a lot of kicking in the pool.  It hurt like all heck the next day and I called the doctor.  With a trip to Hawaii in the middle it took until today to see him.  I did my first triathlon of the comeback while in Hawaii with the run on the deep sand. I had a good race with no problems. A few days later after another swim with lots of kicking I was sore again.  Had the X-ray the other day and it was negative.  I thought it would be.  Saw Dr Marwin today and he says its a groin strain or sprain and that it will heal slowly.  And that I can keep training around it

Back on the anti-inflamitories and back on the ice and heat.  And I've got to be more careful on the mountain bike.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

hernanu

Re: Pain in left hip, saw Dr Marwin today, good news
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 04:40:13 PM »
Good news, Woodstock - just the usual training pains and strains.  ;D

Nice to think of it that way. Not that I minimize groin pulls or strains, but it's a normal part of being an athlete.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Woodstock Hippy

Re: Pain in left hip, saw Dr Marwin today, good news
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »
Yes Hern, at first I thought it was nothing.  Then when I had that first really painful day I figured I'd better get it checked.  Luckily it's just a warning that I have to be a little more careful especially on the mountain bike.

All's well that ends well I guess.
Bilateral, Dr Scott Marwin, NYU Joint Disease Hosp, 11/15/11

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM