+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Are there any Doctors doing the Ceramic on Metal BHR in the states?  (Read 5846 times)

claudia

I know there isn't much data available yet in Birmingham regarding the BHR COM but, for me, I feel it is worth considering however...  I would prefer to do it in the states so i could utilize my insurance.  I know it's not likely that would happen because of FDA approval procedures but I would think that someone may have a trial??
thank you!
Dr Gross, Right hip, 3/21/18

Jason0411

• Hotelier and Volunteer Lifeboat Crewman.
Re: Are there any Doctors doing the Ceramic on Metal BHR in the states?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 11:06:41 AM »
Mr McMinn deals with patients from all over the place and I think excepts some overseas insurance.
RBHR Mr McMinn 6th December 2011.
Tripped and crushed head under cap 31st January 2012.
Self repairing.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Are there any Doctors doing the Ceramic on Metal BHR in the states?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 12:31:08 PM »
Hi Claudia

There are NOT any trials of ceramic BHRs or BMHRs in the US that I know of.  Smith & Nephew chose not to do the trails for FDA approval of the BMHR.  There were a few surgeons ready to begin using them in the US, but that did not happen.  I know several surgeons using the BMHR overseas - McMinn, Dr. Bose and Farsen and Voelker in Germany http://www.surfacehippy.info/listofdoctors.php#Germany

Basically, anything that is new is normally only offered overseas. That's why so many of us went overseas pre 2006 for our BHRs.

McMinn does accept US insurances for BHRs.  You might want to email his office and talk with them to see if they accept your insurance.  You can also appeal your insurance company to get coverage sometimes.  Here are people that were sucessful, some overseas  http://www.surfacehippy.info/insuranceappealinfo.php

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat