+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: United Healthcare and Dr Gross  (Read 5848 times)

claudia

United Healthcare and Dr Gross
« on: April 05, 2013, 06:26:30 PM »
Ok - I had the worst day today just getting a simple answer to a question from United Healthcare regarding $130.00.  Then I began to think about what a NIGHMARE it will be dealing with them for a major surgery.  I really don't want the stress of having to deal with United and so now I am thinking it might be better to go to India and Pay out of pocket to Dr. Bose.  (to avoid the aggravation)
My questions:  Any Dr. GROSS patients out there who have United?  Maybe they can give me a heads up on possible problems?  Some Idea of your out-of-pocket copays??
I'm taking my first step on wednesday -...Yayyyyyy!  Will be driving to SC to meet Dr. GROSS.
Afterwhich - I might make an appt to consult with Dr. SU.  First steps. 
I am sure that they are well versed in getting payment from United at Dr. GROSS's office.  I am sure they can tell me my approx. out-of-pocket as well but I'm sure it doesn't go quite so smoothly when the bills start coming in...

I can't wait to get this done... ;D
thanks
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 06:28:43 PM by claudia »
Dr Gross, Right hip, 3/21/18

tennisgirl

Re: United Healthcare and Dr Gross
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 06:39:08 PM »
Hi Claudia,

I had my surgery with Dr. Gross in November 2011 and had United Healthcare.  I had already hit my deductible for the year, so everything was covered at 100%, including the ice machine.  Yes, the folks in the office will tell you how much you will be in for.  Also be sure to check with the hospital.

BTW, I had surgery on Wednesday mid-morning and checked out of Providence Hospital the next morning around 11:30.

Let me know if I can help you in any way.

Mindi
R Biomet Uncemented Dr. Gross 11/9/2011

claudia

Re: United Healthcare and Dr Gross
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 06:49:22 PM »
Great!  Thank you Mindy.  Grrrrrr - I detest dealing with insurance companies - worse than paying my taxes or going to the dentist.
I like to hear your hospital stay was very short! 
Was recovery as you expected?  Worse or better?  Are you having any issues?
Thanks again.
Dr Gross, Right hip, 3/21/18

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat