+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Euphoria  (Read 6335 times)

Kelly

Euphoria
« on: April 21, 2013, 10:25:13 AM »
I didn't realize how much discomfort  I was in for several years until I was without the pain from both hips.  Of course there is the surgery pain but it is different.  I had my surgery with Dr Su on April 12 and it is now the 21st.   I Am home...just had my third night here.  but even in the hospital (HSS) I was sleeping so much better.  every night I wake from a solid sleep experience.  Emotionally I have been on a high.  whenever I begin to describe the people I have been around and the general experience I find myself welling with tears of thankfulness.  It is all good I keep telling folks.  From the entire staff (bottom up or top down) I have run across goodness of spirit.  I believe a lot has to do with attitude.  we all bring out of each other what we put in.

Marco Polo

Re: Euphoria
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 12:13:50 PM »
Kelly:  Congratulations, and welcome to the other side.  I am glad to hear your surgery went well!  It s indeed a blessing to start a pain free life. People see me walking with one crutch and want to commiserate. I just tell them it is all good, as I know this summer I will be able to resume my active life.

Take it easy, follow Dr. Su's rehab plan and you will be back to the activities you love, but had to give up, in no time!
Marco, RBHR, Della Valle, 3/29/13

kimberly52

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 12:17:05 PM »
Hi Kelly,

Congrats on making it over to this side!  It is truly an amazing thing to have that pain gone.  You are just a week behind me and I can tell you that you can expect it to get even better in your 2nd week.

Don't overdo like I did, go with it and as we hear a lot on this board, slow and steady will win this race.

Best wishes for a very happy and rapid recovery!

Kim
LBHR 4/6/13
42/44
Dr. Michael Clarke

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 05:07:32 PM »
Congrats, Kelly - you picked the perfect word, Euphoria. It describes both the incredible (to me) lack of OA pain afterwards, and the need to beware the temptation to speed things along since we feel so good.

Euphoria is also a challenge, in that it is an exhilirated state, where in our excitement we can push too far and too much and suffer setbacks. Put in its right context, the joy is what we want, while making sure we use patience to promote and complete our long term recovery.

Excellent that you're feeling great!
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM