+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 4 mths post op.... PAIN  (Read 2547 times)

Toontowngal

4 mths post op.... PAIN
« on: April 23, 2013, 12:04:49 AM »
I had THR Dec 3 2012, everything was fine and now for the past 4 days I have extreme pain similar to pre op. Putting weight or lifting or shifting leg leads to sharp pain. I am worried I over did my activities. I was shoevelling snow and also lifting and moving furniture. I am wondering if my hip is loose??? Anyone else damage new hip??

chuckm

Re: 4 mths post op.... PAIN
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 08:30:36 AM »
Toontowngal, just to clarify, you had a TOTAL hip replacement and not a resurfacing in December?

Chuckm
Left BHR 11/30/12
Hospital for Special Surgery
46 years old

Toontowngal

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 11:08:51 AM »
Yes, Total hip replacement.  I had resurfacing on the other hip and it is doing fine.

hernanu

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 12:39:29 PM »
It is natural to be concerned when pain shows up. We've all had setbacks along the way, it seems to be the way of things during recovery, except for those who are exceptionally patient.

I know I did - several times.

The thing I'd advise is to talk to your surgeon. I had pain on the inside of my groin muscles each time I took a step for three weeks running. I was concerned, immediately called my surgeon.

They talked me through things, calmed me down a bit and asked me to wait a week or so. The pain cleared up and never returned. Of course I also rested, iced, etc.  I've no idea what the issue was, but apparently either a muscular issue, scar tissue that let go, ????

That was at about nine months. I had several other setbacks earlier.

My procedure for that was to get in touch with my surgeon to make sure they didn't think there was a structural problem. Once I talked to them there, I treated it as a muscle issue and waited for the pain to subside.

Call your surgeon, but I'd bet it is a setback like we've all had.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat