+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL!!!!!! 6 months and three weeks  (Read 5643 times)

chuckm

GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL!!!!!! 6 months and three weeks
« on: June 10, 2013, 10:58:58 AM »
For all you soccer enthusiasts and hippies, the goal came, and so much sooner than I could ever have imagined. I haven't scored in a competitive soccer match in years. And the way I scored the other team would have just about fainted if they knew I had a metal implant.
My fitness was quite superior to the opponents and at about the 60 minute mark I was able to step in front of their midfielder who was trying to receive a pass out of the back from his own defender. They were totally caught by surprise so I carried the ball with pace approaching the attacking third as their center half stepped up to try to slow down my progress. My faithful central forward made a perfect run toward the right touchline drawing the lone center back part way out with him. I delivered a diagonal pass to that forward and when the defender went to close him down he played the ball first touch back into the center as I had shot right past that center half into the space. The last defender then wheeled around to pressure me but it was too late. I blew right past - that's right folks, the guy  with the brand new 6 month-old Birmingham hip blew past the center half and last defender to engage in a one-on-one with the keeper. I easily slotted it to the low left corner for a goal.

Earlier in the game I had faced up a defender, faked and pushed the ball right at the top right side of the penalty area. It wasn't the greatest move but I was able to burst past with three quick steps and blasted the ball off the goal frame right where the crossbar and post meet. Love that sound when the goal post rings the whole park.

I played about 70 minutes and today have nothing more than some welcome muscle soreness.  All is right in the world at this moment.

Chuckm
Left BHR 11/30/12
Hospital for Special Surgery
46 years old

evant

Re: GOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL!!!!!! 6 months and three weeks
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 01:40:18 PM »
Cool customer, cool finish, great description.

BHR 1 - 0 Humans

I've alerted Mourinho, Moyes, Martinez et al.

Well done Chuck.
rbhr 3 january 2013
mr ronan treacy
royal orthopaedic hospital, birmingham, england

hernanu

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 03:35:02 PM »
I knew you had it in you, just a matter of time.

Congrats Chuck - not easy to get one on one with the keeper. Takes explosive speed, glad you're getting there.

Nice description too. Great stuff - I'm thinking Messi is getting nervous.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

chuckm

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 09:01:16 PM »
I  so Messi is safe for now. But Ronaldo...
It's okay to dream.
Left BHR 11/30/12
Hospital for Special Surgery
46 years old

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat