+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Post op anti blood clot injections  (Read 2970 times)

sharleen

Post op anti blood clot injections
« on: June 14, 2013, 06:33:48 PM »
hi everyone, I am writing this under various topics in the hope that I will get a response. Is it still necessary to self inject 4 weeks after surgery? I am about to undergo my second BHR and did not have to do this for the first one. Someone has told me that the "injection deal" is old fashioned and you can now do the same thing orally. is this true? I am a total needle phobic!
Best
Sharleen

evant

Re: Post op anti blood clot injections
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 03:04:03 AM »
See my reply on your other post.

I forgot to add that a nurse will do the very small, simple, child friendly, non-threatening injection the first time and then supervise you the next day to ensure you can do it just as easily.

You'll be ok I promise.
rbhr 3 january 2013
mr ronan treacy
royal orthopaedic hospital, birmingham, england

mike1966

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 09:20:10 AM »
Hi Sharleen,

I'm not certain but from what I have read different surgeons seem to have different protocols. Mine normally used aspirin but put me on the injections because I have a mild intolerance to aspirin. The needle is so fine, you barely feel it. The injecting was no problem but I had bad side effects and put myself on aspirin.

All the best whichever way you go.

Cheers

Mike
LBHR 2nd April 2012 Dr Van Winden

sharleen

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 02:59:29 PM »
Thanks Mike! It would help if I wasn't such a baby! I know that it's not as if I have to stick one of those huge big rabies needles into my stomach, it's just something that has always freaked me out. Anyway something will work out I'm sure. Just can't wait for it all to be over. having an excruciatingly painful day today and can't imagine the joy of finally being pain free!
Thanks
Sharleen

bestbob

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2013, 11:55:39 AM »
Hi Sharleen - Have not heard from you in awhile, how are you doing? It is now 9 days post-op for me, and calf pumps are a pain, versus the injections. Have they told you how long the injections will be required for?   I am not doing the injections, pumps will need to be worn for up to 14 days, and personally, I would rather do the injections.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:19:38 AM by bestbob »
RBHR June 18, 2013, Euclid General Ohio, Dr. Brooks

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat