+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: BHR with Dr. Kusuma 2013  (Read 1899 times)

jaybird

BHR with Dr. Kusuma 2013
« on: June 17, 2013, 08:21:16 PM »
     When I learned about the arthritis in my hip by my family doctor, he recommended talking to Dr. Kusuma.  On my first visit he explained all of the options that were available to me and told me that it was my choice what course of action I wanted to take if and when the pain became worse.
     When the time came that the pain medicine quit being effective, we discussed the temporary fix that the cortisone shot would have, but I wanted to hear more about the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing.  He explained that more of your hip joint is left intact compared to a normal hip replacement.  I was impressed to learn that he went to Birmingham, England to learn from the doctor who invented this procedure.  I was confident in my decisio9n to go through with the surgery. 
     The patient care that Dr. Kusuma practices begins before the surgery; he made it a point to call the day before the surgery to check in and alleviate any concerns I may have had.  Also, in addition to Dr. Kusuma, Dr. Nick and the Nurses, Aids, Physical Therapists, and the Lady Housekeepers at the Grant Bone and Joint Center all practiced the same amazing patient care- always asking if there was anything I needed  before they left my room.
     After 13 weeks of recovery and No Physical Therapy needed, I am back to work - PAIN FREE.   At 64 years of age, and this being my first experience in a hospital in my adult life was GREAT!  If you are a candidate of hip resurfacing, as a satisfied hip resurfacing patient, I would highly recommend Dr. Kusuma and his staff at the Grant Bone and Joint Center.
                                                            John Vukovich
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 08:49:27 AM by Pat Walter »

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: BHR with Dr. Kusuma 2013
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 08:51:14 AM »
Hi John

Thank You for taking time to post your story about your hip resurfacing with Dr. Kusuma.  Sounds like you are having a quick and easy recovery.

I hope you continue to do well and are soon back to a normal, active life.  Let us know how you are doing in a few months.

Good Luck.

I changed the title of your post to include Dr. Kusuma's name.  Many people like to search for stories from patients of specific surgeons.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

MillieJ

Re: BHR with Dr. Kusuma 2013
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 12:14:08 PM »
I totally agree with your comments about Doctor Kusuma, his staff, and everyone at Grant Bone and Joint Center!  Glad you are doing so well!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat