+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Any HR Doctors in Arizona?  (Read 3081 times)

LM

Any HR Doctors in Arizona?
« on: June 01, 2008, 09:58:43 PM »
Does anyone know of any skilled HR doctors in Arizona that have at least 100+ surgeries?  I am looking out of state as well, but was hoping to stay close to Phoenix. (I have spoken already with Dr. Gross, but I'm not sure he is covered by my insurance.  I think Dr. Schmalzried is covered so I will be contacting him soon.)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Any HR Doctors in Arizona?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2008, 10:07:35 PM »
Hi

Sometimes Dr. Schmalzried tends to suggest THRs more than other Hip Resurfacing Doctors.  That's the only thing you need to be aware of. 

A lot of people like Dr. Ure

Keith Ure, MD
300 Hip Resurfacings to date***
Doctors Park
635 Lassen Lane Suite 100
Mt Shasta, CA 96067
530-926-521
Email: info@doctors-park.net
Doctors Park Website

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

DirkV

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 01:02:20 AM »
Hi, I'm from Phoenix area, and like you, after research, I ended up seeing Dr.s in CA. I recall reading about somebody in Tucson specializing in hip resurfacing, so you might look into that. Sorry but I don't know the name.
I ended up making pre-op appointments with both Dr. Schmalzreid and Dr. Ball in San Diego.
San Diego had a lot of intangibles in favor or it, as opposed to LA (nicer hospital, relatives closer to hospital), but I also really like Dr. Ball. He's listed at 50 HRs on this site (I believe), but that number hasn't been updated in a while, and he did many more as a resident with Schmalzreid and Amstutz. There are a few "hip stories" under Dr. Ball; Pat posted mine, so if you're interested, there's more there.
I had both sides done a month apart, and I'm now 2 months out after my 2nd one. So far, so good. Over the past 2 weekends, I was able to redo our fence (with lots of help from my wife and kids). This involved 32 fence post holes dug, lots of cement mixing, 40 plus panels, a BIG job. I'm certainly not 100% after the surgery, but the cool thing is that while I get sore and tired from the work, I don't get the bone-on-bone hip ache, and at the end the day, and the following day, I don't have the residual aching that I used to get. I'm actually going to miss the healing phase where every few days you realize that you are able to something that used to do and then stopped because of the arthritis.
Good luck,
-Dirk
Bilateral 02/08, 03/08, Dr. Ball

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:54:23 AM »
Hi Dirk

Glad to hear you are doing so well.

If you ever go for a check up or have Dr. Ball's office on the phone, would you ask how many resurfs he has done to date????  I will be happy to update his information.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

maddy

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 08:09:04 PM »
LM, there is a doctor on Phoenix at the CORE Institute, name of Dr. Shrader. 

Nice guy, he has done about 70, but be warned, he "cherry picks" his patients, so if you are below 50  and not complicated, he would consider doing you.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat