+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 6 week update RBHR with Dr. Callander  (Read 1964 times)

brianebanta

6 week update RBHR with Dr. Callander
« on: July 02, 2013, 08:52:34 PM »
Hey there,

Just wanted to give a quick 6 week update!  Been back to work for a couple of weeks now and everything is going great.  (Other than occasionally and randomly being really tired) I am just about to head out the door for a loooong weekend trip down the California coast to take it easy and enjoy the beach/camping.  The last two weeks of PT (and homework) have made a huge difference in my strength and ROM.  Taking it slow there... but it feels really great to get on the stationary bike and elliptical and start to feel more normal.  I am still using one crutch at the end of a long day, or if my limp starts to creep in.  A little stiff and sore right on start up from sitting, but other than that hip feels really good. 

It is funny the PT keeps asking me if things hurt and I say "more sore than pain" this new kind of pain/stiffness just doesn't seem in the same realm as the OA pain from before.

-Brian 

packman

Re: 6 week update RBHR with Dr. Callander
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 10:09:18 PM »
We are all happy to hear that Brian - The stiffness from sitting in one position for a while I believe is quite normal. I found driving in a car around the 6-8 week mark for more than 30 minutes caused me to tighten up. Funny if I was the passenger I was more comfortable because I could change "buttock"  ;D positions and stretch

I did not get elliptical clearance or bike clearance until post week 6 xray feedback but each Doctor has their own guidelines. I feel your excitement on returning to activities on the gradual basis of strengthening
Continued besh wishes for getting back to some resumption of life!
Bilateral 99.9% Canadian,.1% USA re; BHRP (right) -3/21/13 Biomet uncemented - Dr. Gross / Lee Webb Columbia South Carolina
BHRP (left) standard uncemented Dr Emil Schemitsch sept 25/17
London Ontario Canada
Damn Osteoarthritis!!

evant

Re: 6 week update RBHR with Dr. Callander
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 05:18:02 AM »
That's a great 6 week update.

Sounds like you're doing really well.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend break.
rbhr 3 january 2013
mr ronan treacy
royal orthopaedic hospital, birmingham, england