+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 5 Months and much better  (Read 2188 times)

Timbo

5 Months and much better
« on: June 02, 2008, 01:08:20 PM »
Since people were nice enough to offer support, and suggestons. I thought I would take the time to report back a month later. Pain or lack of pain in surgery area is much better. Muscle pain has also subsided. After reading responses, I sent time working on those gluts (butt muscles) and also my hamstring muscles. It seemed to improve matters but I am not sure how. But why argue with success. Anyway, I am still stiff from time to time. Especially in the morning. But after getting up, streching and becoming a bit active soremess becomes minimal. Working in the yard seems to make the hip sore but I recover fairly quickly after streaching out horizontal with a libation.

The Alaskian cruise is back on...............

marathonhippo

Re: 5 Months and much better
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 01:31:54 PM »
Good work Timbo, have a ball on the cruise!

What excerises have you been doing for the gluts?  I have a set that I should (note "should") be doing but wonder if yours are different.

Thanks,

Alan
RBHR  2/4/2008 - LBHR 3/10/2008 Dr. Hickman

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 06:35:35 PM »
Hi Timbo

Glad you are feeling better.  It really takes time to heal from major surgery.  Being patient is probably more important than anything else you can do.  Your body will eventually improve.

Enjoy the Cruise!!!

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

takilasunrise

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 03:06:43 PM »
You describe about where I am, too.  If I sit too long at work, I am stiff when I first get up and start moving.  After walking a bit, the stiffness goes away.  I'm able to get my sock on sitting in a low couch, but still have some issues reaching to my foot from higher seats.  I survived my first long motorcycle trip, so that really convinced me that I've made it!  I like to garden as well, and yes, it got me sore, too, but after some R&R, I felt fine.  I'm still walking a little funny according to my husband, but not as bad as before the surgery.  Lately, I have been feeling stinging sensations in my incision, but I'm figuring it has to do with the healing process.   My husband was complaining over the weekend about how all the things that hurt on him.  He's contemplating having his neck checked out because of his pain (and it's not because of me......lol!).  I told him since my hip doesn't hurt like it did before the surgery, I barely notice my other little pains in my body anymore.  They are nothing compared to what I felt in my hip! 

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat