+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Well looks like I'm going to be having my HR soon had my app today  (Read 1486 times)

Jaks111

Went to see mr treacy today Birmingham, yes I'm fine for resurfacing at the moment, but can't leave it much longer than 6/9 months he said or we will be looking at a replacement, ( 46 head medium not to sure what that exactly means I need to look it up or any advice would be great ) he said that's fine for a woman, lookin at about September as I have a holiday in August, glad I have found this forum as we all understand each other, it's all right all my friends/family saying have it done you will be fine it's not them  :-[ .
Felt quite down when I left the hospital, but not to bad now.
Wishing everyone a speedy recovery.
Jackie

Tin Soldier

Re: Well looks like I'm going to be having my HR soon had my app today
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 05:22:21 PM »
You've got one of the most experienced, if not the most experienced surgeon.  you'll be fine. 

46 probably refers to the femoral head diameter in mm.  If I recall correctly, I have a 52 mm cup and the wall thickness is about 3 mm (2 times), so I should have about a 48 mm femoral head.   I'm a slightly smaller framed male.  The reason you get the sense that there might be a threshold size of component for women or smaller framed people is because there are some surgeons that won't do smaller hips with MoM because of the concern for failure from metallosis.  Less surface area = more friction and more wear,....I don't know where the cutoff is in size, but you're well within the standard range.  Also, there are many smaller women that have excellent results, which is likely due more to the experience of the surgeon than the size of the component. 
LBHR 2/22/11, RBHR 8/23/11 - Pritchett.

Jaks111

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 05:48:49 PM »
Thank you tin soldier
I have done plenty of research before I found this great site been to 3 hospitals and seen 4 surgeons over time my own gp must of thought I was going mad as I know what I wanted and had to stand my ground on only wanting mr treacy even when I got to the hospital again today I told the receptionist  I only want to see mr treacy, so September here I come just in case he retires or goes private full time  ;) .
Ps I have Friend that lives in Ibiza runs a bar out there she came over to Birmingham seen mr McMinn he done her op she is getting on great that was may this year.

Anna

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 04:44:39 AM »
Yey! Go Jackie!!! You are in the best possible hands and I'm extremely jealous. Good luck and keep us all updated  ;D
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

hernanu

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 09:09:09 AM »
Sounds like you're going down the right path, with an excellent surgeon. Nothing bad here, just good things coming up, Jackie.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Jaks111

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 07:06:39 PM »
Thank you to the above posters, I feel a bit happier as I have Mr treacy and he is lovely.
Does anyone know if it would help to take vitamins or anything for a speedier recovery

hernanu

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2013, 10:44:44 AM »
I was told to take a multi vitamin by my surgeon, but I'd check with Mr. Treacy to see his thoughts.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat