+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 8 Week Update  (Read 2078 times)

bestbob

8 Week Update
« on: August 11, 2013, 08:24:53 PM »
Hello Everyone - I can't believe I haven't posted in over a week. But rest assured I thought of the site and everybody everyday. It will be 8 weeks in 2 days, my how time flies. Anyway, I started going into work last Mon. Aug 5th (office job) and had a ton of meetings which meant walking more than I wanted. Came home and was dead tired. By Thu, I couldn't take it anymore and worked from home, on Fri worked 1/2 day at home and had to go in for a afternoon meeting.

The point of all this is, I DIDN'T do any exercise Mon thru Fri, and my thigh, hip, leg just felt like crap. Really sore and very tight. I even had to go back to crutches for a short time. So, I started exercising again Sat in hopes I get back to the point I should be at. I have nobody to blame but myself, and should have known better.

My last point, and some may remember, I still get that shin pain but mostly at night. Talked to the PA and he just says my body is adjusting. Geez, it's going on 3 weeks with this shin pain.

It feels good to get back on the site and read the stories from all.

God Bless,

Bob
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:26:08 PM by bestbob »
RBHR June 18, 2013, Euclid General Ohio, Dr. Brooks

Anna

Re: 8 Week Update
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 02:53:15 AM »
Hey Bob,

It sounds like you are still going great despite those little hurdles. I guess it shows how important all the exercises are. I hope your shin pain goes away soon

Anna
RTHR - 08/08/2013 -Mr johan witt, London

Reno

Re: 8 Week Update
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 07:11:38 PM »
Hi Bob-

Eight weeks?  WOW!

I have been following your story and I am taking your words to heart!  I just had my pre-surgery checkup and passed and I am looking forward with trepidation to Aug 26th, when I have my THR on my left hip. 

It seems we all heal differently, but I am learning that doing the rehab work, continuing with an exercise program and listening to our body is key to successful recovery for all of us!  I hope your shin pain ends very soon and you continue your recovery.  I look forward to hearing how you are doing.

Reno

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal