+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 6 week siince surgery question...  (Read 1105 times)

catfan

6 week siince surgery question...
« on: August 16, 2013, 07:33:50 PM »
I passed my 6th week since my BHR surgery and I am extremely grateful as I keep improving...   When walking my strides on the BHR leg are weak, my BHR foot turns in-ward, and I still have some discomfort (the more I walk the more the pain)...  Curious how long it will take before my walking strides are normal, and the discomfort ends (at least for medium walks)...   

Juno

Re: 6 week siince surgery question...
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 07:41:11 PM »
Caftan -- I am 5 weeks postop. I found that at three weeks I was doing the same with my walk. I've really had to focus on landing heel to toe and walking straight with my core strong. That has helped. I find when I get tired that is when I start to turn in slightly (and then the limp starts). My strides are best when the muscles are not fatigued.

Take your time...it will come (that is what I keep telling myself!)
Right resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 7/11/13
Left resurfacing, Dr. Gross, 12/11/13

Lauren Lee

Re: 6 week siince surgery question...
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 08:10:51 PM »
9 weeks for me on Monday. I still limp and dip my hip when I get tired. But everyday gets better.Also I can still not do straight leg raises when lying on my side. PT assures me all will be well....eventually. Working hard at strengthening it all. Shoulders back, heel to toe, toes straight. I go back to the cane when I get limply and tired. Took me 30 years to obliterate what the surgeon was able to successfully repair in an hour and a half.
RBHR on June 17, 2013

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat