+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Left Resurfacing got to come out.  (Read 6866 times)

paulc

Left Resurfacing got to come out.
« on: October 09, 2013, 01:45:39 PM »
Hi One & All.
                  Not been on here for a while. Had my second hip (right) resurfaced in Feb 2013. Up next day & all's well. Wish I could say the same of the left hip which was done April 2012. I have never been pain free from day one. After my follow up for my right hip I was sent for ultra sound. This found swelling around the left implant, now I have been told its got to come out with the infected area being removed 6 by 4 cm. Larger scar, bigger percentage of infection, longer time in recovery & the possibility of a shattered femur. I guess time will tell. Hope your all well pain free ....   

hernanu

Re: Left Resurfacing got to come out.
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 04:04:43 PM »
Really sorry to hear that Paul... Do they know how it got infected?

Is it being revised to a THR? Keep us posted, I'm glad the other one is ok, but that sucks.
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 07:22:08 PM »
Paul

I am very sorry to hear about your infection.  I hope that your surgery will go well and you will be on the mend soon.

Keep us updated when you can.  I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

luann again

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 01:07:07 PM »
Paul,
I, too, am very sad to hear what you are going through.  Please let us know how you are doing and what they decide to do to make your life comfortable again! We are thinking about you. Lu
Dr. Sparling WA Wright C+ 2010 right hip, petite female done at age 45

GBLarry

• Second hip done Oct 10, 2012 after first in 2007.
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 04:37:22 PM »
Paul - Sorry to hear you have infection as it only makes for a longer recovery.  However, it means that the problem has been found and can be fixed.  I had the infection a lot sooner at 10 weeks, but am doing super today at 52 weeks.  They had to go in and clean out all the stuff they put in, and then close again with a larger incision than initially.  The reason for a longer recovery I think is because I was weak from non exercise to start with, so the road was longer back to normal. 
Good luck and get the infection out of there as fast as you can, and keep us up to date with your progress.
Larry
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 04:39:01 PM by GBLarry »
Green Bay, Wisconsin. USA

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat