+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 7 days post op and have bruisingin groin  (Read 2021 times)

John P

7 days post op and have bruisingin groin
« on: June 12, 2008, 07:11:58 AM »
Hi,

I am now 7 day post op. I am from Dublin Ireland and had op in Dublin. I am walking 3 x 10 minute walks per day and doing some stretching excercises. Very tender but I have been told to keep work up and ease off if I get to much swelling.
Yesterday I developed bruising in the groin area. Is this normal?
I would love to hear from any one who could advise me.

JP

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 7 days post op and have bruisingin groin
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 09:17:43 AM »
Hi John

Welcome to Hip Talk.

Everyone has a different recovery.  Some people never have bruising and swelling while others have a great deal.  I think it somewhat depends on your body and how it reacts to the surgery.  I also think the surgeons skill makes some difference.

I assume your doctor told you to ice your hip if you get swelling. 

I broke the 5 th metatarsal on my left foot a week ago and the bruising is just showing up now.  It was not immediate.  You would think it would bruise right away.  I guess it takes time for the blood to come to the surface.

Anyways, many people have had swelling and/or bruising - so you are having a normal recovery.

I was able to walk about 1 mile by 12 days post op with one crutch.  Some people walked that far much sooner while others too many weeks to accomplish that.  So we all heal differently.

Each day should bring some improvement for you.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

John P

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 09:29:44 AM »
Hi Pat,

Thanks for your reply. I am using ice every day and the swelling is mainly on the knee area but tender every where else. I am 41, a soccer coach and was fairly fit pre op. I had my op in Dublin where I live by a surgeon called Paul Nicholson. He has preformed over 500 and was excellent.

I am trying to hold back on doing to much as the advise I have been given is relax. It is a lot more difficult than it sounds.

Thanks again and the web site is excellent.

JP

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »
Hi

If your Dr. Nicholson would like to be listed on my doctors list  http://www.surfacehippy.info/listofdoctors.php  you can get me his information or he can email it to me at  pwalter@surfacehippy.info   

I would be happy to add it since he has done over 500 and I don't have any surgeons from Ireland listed.

Take it easy - the time will pass and you will be back to running up and down the field to coach the team.  You will be amazed what you will be able to do when you heal.  Best to take it easy now so you will heal quickly.

Good Luck.

Pat

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM