+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Over done at 10 days  (Read 2039 times)

hollyk

Over done at 10 days
« on: June 29, 2008, 11:34:10 AM »
I am 10 days out of hip-resurfacing and learned that I need to be more cautious. I got out of the shower and grabbed a towel bar on the wall for support. It came crashing down and so did I..glad to report I seem to be O.K. but it was a good wake up call that even though I am doing well, I need to be very careful..it really scared me! I am having knee pain but don't know if it was related..Has any one else experienced knee pain?

CITY2SOUTH

Re: Over done at 10 days
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 11:44:09 AM »
Holly,

Sorry to hear about your fall but glad all is OK. Over confidence can get the best of ya. I'll be more cautious after reading your post. I've grabbed a few things to help me up or down and stopped because I invisioned a catastrophe. I'm at day 6 and feel great. Lisa
Lisa Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/ 6-23-08

terryi

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 12:13:28 PM »
Glad you weren't injured when you fell.

The bath/shower process is scary.  I towel off in the shower best I can, but my feet and lower legs remain wet.  Walking on a tile floor is therefore slippery.  And, with a wet tile floor, a cane (or crutches) is prone to skid out from under you.  Scares the bejesus out of me.  If anyone has any advice on how to make the bathing process safer, I'd like to hear it.

DirkV

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 04:13:04 PM »
I had bilateral a month apart, and after my 2nd side I noticed slight slippage of the crutches on wet tile - luckily no fall. My wife bought replacement rubber feet for the crutches, and I noticed much improved gripping. My cane also had the rubber bottom thing. You might check that.
-Dirk
Bilateral 02/08, 03/08, Dr. Ball

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat