+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Police Officer 8 days post-op!  (Read 3309 times)

kellyd91

Police Officer 8 days post-op!
« on: April 02, 2008, 01:54:06 PM »
Hey There, I am now 5 days post op..I went in for resufracing last Thursday at Sharp Coronado near San Diego.  Dr. Jankiewicz performed my surgery and I am recovering quickly.  I had pain in my right hip for about the last four years.  My pain developed from over use from my athletics and from my job. I am a police officer, so I am getting in and out of the car about 25 times a day with 35 pounds of gear on. I am amazed at how quicly my pain from surgery has reduced. It seems to be shifting from the incision pain to pain in the muscles that were moved out of the way during surgery.  My hamstring and quad are really sore. My doctor has me on 50% weight bearing for 6 weeks.  I have in home PT that started the day I after I got home.  Sharp Hospital was a really good experience for me. The staff was great.  The only problem was that I developed sores on the back of both of my heels from lying down so much.  I am trying to get them "heeled" up now.  I actually wear slippers to bed and that helps some. I think the  TED socks rough surface contributes to the sores. I hope you and Rebecca recover quickly and return to your active lives soon.  I am 40 years old and never thought I would be going through something like this, especially so young. Keep me in the loop to your recovery progress and if you have any tips or cautions.

Good luck

Kelly

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Police Officer 8 days post-op!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 07:36:06 PM »
Hi Kelly
Welcome to Hip Talk and congratulations on your new hip.

I gave you your own topic because I know several other firefighters and policemen that are looking for others that had hip resurfacing.

Besides, once you are a Surface Hippy - you deserve your own topic.

I hope everything continues well for you.  I hope you will post now and then to let us know how you are doing.  I would really appreciate knowing when you go back to work.  I know many others will too.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

CITY2SOUTH

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 07:53:35 PM »
Kelly - I am 38 and 4 weeks post-op and I almost had a sore on one of my heels. It was vey very tender and I kept asking my husband if there was anything there and he swore no but I felt the soreness relating to a bed sore. It's was gone by 2 weeks in. My Dr. did not require the donning of teds. I was very thankful for that.
Good luck on your recovery it gets better every day....

Lisa - left hip/uncemented/bioment/Gross/6-23-08
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 11:38:38 PM by CITY2SOUTH »
Lisa Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/ 6-23-08

John C

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 05:23:41 PM »
Since I can still only sleep on my back since the surgery, I found that my heels would get sore enough to wake me up at night. The solution was to prop both of my calfs up on pillows, so that my heels were kept up off the sheets. It worked.
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

TomBuell

• Right Birmingham Hip Resurfacing 7/1/08
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 01:43:09 PM »
My right heel (surgery side) got sore too. I put a pillow under my knee and calf, like John, which solved the problem. It was great when I was able to roll onto my side - pillow between knees - to get another sleeping position.
- Tom
RBHR - 7/1/08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM