+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Getting Ready for August 4  (Read 1556 times)

ahershberger

Getting Ready for August 4
« on: July 30, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »
Just days away from my first surgery...  I am looking forward to having one hip pain free!  I will have the surgery Monday August 4th in the Kansas City Orthopedic Institute by Dr. Scott Cook who was McMinn trained in '06.  (He has done 155+) I will post how I am doing right away since I have wireless internet access in my room!  Pray for me! I am a little concerned about the other hip holding up while I recuperate.  (They say my PT will be very helpful.)
Alison
P.S.  Thanks Pat for the live chat tonight.  Sorry if I made some mistakes!

TomBuell

• Right Birmingham Hip Resurfacing 7/1/08
Re: Getting Ready for August 4
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 09:01:40 AM »
Good luck Alison - We'll be curious to hear how you're doing, although you may not be up for computer work right away. And yes, your PT is important - hope you get a good one.
- Tom
RBHR 7/1/08

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Getting Ready for August 4
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 11:24:05 AM »
Hi Alison

YOu did not make any mistakes.  The only thing Dr. Mont has to be careful about is not to personalize medical information on the public chat.  He will definitely talk with you personally about your own hip problems via phone if you call his office or email him with your phone number.  He is very open to helping people.

Many of us had our non operated hip become more sore after surgery.  It will get more work to do for awhile.  Hopefully everything will be OK for you.

We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Will also look forward to hearing about your recovery.  We have all been thru surgery and have come out fine on the other side.  Just think how great you will feel in a few months!

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM