+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 1 Week After Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Gross  (Read 2348 times)

john49

1 Week After Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Gross
« on: August 13, 2008, 03:51:06 PM »
I am currently 1 week into the hip resurfacing with a slight amount of pain.  I am taking Arixtra shots to prevent clots, Celebrex, and an occasional pain killer.  On a scale of 0 to 10 I probably am around a 2 or 3 on pain level.  I have noticed that my thigh was very bruised at the incision site after surgery.  And now I am developing a long bruise on the back of my thigh.  I'm probably thinking that the Arixtra shots may be causing the bleeding underneath the skin.  Anyone else have this same problem?

CITY2SOUTH

Re: 1 Week After Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Gross
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 07:29:25 PM »
John,

I am 7 weeks post-op. Dr. Gross has pretty much the same protocol for all his patients but sometimes the restrictions are increased depending on your bone density. I injected Arixtra into my belly and had no bruising. I did have some bruising on hip but it was very minimal. Email Nancy or Lee and let them know what's going on. They usually reply very quickly and are a great support group.
Good Luck!

Lisa
Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/6-23-08
Lisa Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/ 6-23-08

TomBuell

• Right Birmingham Hip Resurfacing 7/1/08
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 08:27:51 PM »
I had the long bruise on the back of my leg about a week after surgery. It appeared to be pooled blood from laying down. It went away in a few days.
- Tom

xocy

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 12:42:08 AM »
I'm a Dr. Gross Bilateral Hippy. I had the same protocol as you. I didn't notice my bruising for several days. No big deal. Good luck. You have an excellent doc.

Mike

Bilateral
Dr. Gross
L 6/23/08 R 6/25/08
Mike
Bilateral
Dr. Thomas Gross
Left 6/23/08  Right 6/25/08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear