+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 11 months post op  (Read 1566 times)

jjiam

11 months post op
« on: August 15, 2008, 08:33:20 PM »
Hiya all, glad to see your still here Pat, you were a wonderful help to me.  I am pretty much healed right now, but have a general question for you peeps who are still active after resurfacing.  I can run (not pretty though), and play tennis, with no ill effects, maybe just a little soreness, but I can do it.  Now I am a big guy, 5'11 pretty muscular(too muscular), and it affects my range of motion and stuff cause of the muscles.   Well to make a long story short, I tried out for the police again, finally I could do all the physical stuff ( I thought)  anyway it was a mile run in 10.5 minutes (easy) pushups, situps all easy.  But I was struck down by probably the easiest thing to do.  This stupid exercise hurt my hip 11 months preop, and I'm wondering if other people still have this pain if they do this motion.  It was called a bend and twist.  You are to put on hand on top of the other, then bend over touch the floor, then twist to touch an X on the wall in back of you.   But here is the twist, you cannot bend at your back, you more or less touch your hands to the floor by squatting, so with my feet shoulder width apart, I squatted and immediately could tell I was in trouble.  I got out 13 and you had to do 15 in 20 seconds.   After I was done I was kinda limping again.  So my question is this, is this THE LAST thing that heals?  I am pretty much healed in everything else I do, or is this to my hip not being right after resurfacing?   I hope it's not the latter.
Jeff

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 11 months post op
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 09:24:51 AM »
Hi Jeff

I am sorry, but I am not much of a muscle or PT expert.  I do know it takes the body over 1 year to completely heal.

I am guessing that maybe you need someone in PT or Pilates to work with you to get your body working for this kind of exercise.  Maybe there are special exercises to develop the muscles you need to complete the X exercise.  I think I would ask around and try to find someone really good and get a little help.

I do know some of the muscles can be really stubborn and difficult to get back into action.  I have read posts from dancers about this.

Pat

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

xocy

Re: 11 months post op
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 12:14:24 AM »
I think it is simple. As a matter of fact you may not have been able to do this move pre op. It was just new to your body. Get some Yoga tapes. If this position is not on the tapes, practice it on your own. Go slow, hold the position to the degree so that it does not hurt for a 10 count or longer, and BREATH. You will be surprised at the progress you will make in 2 weeks.

Mike
Bilateral
Dr. Gross
L 6/23/08  R 6/25/08
Mike
Bilateral
Dr. Thomas Gross
Left 6/23/08  Right 6/25/08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM