+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: how common is bursitis or any other remaining pain after bi-lateral bhrs?  (Read 2615 times)

ahershberger

I am 3 weeks post rbhr and will get my left one done in Dec. but just got back from my walk and feel a little like i could be getting bursitis on the bad hip side.  My operated side feels fine.

Is bursitis (or side pain or any pain) something that happens after going through 2 surgeries? 

Boy, that isn't what I signed up for...

Alison

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Hi Allison

I had the same problem after my hip resurfacing.  I thought I would be really active and do all kinds of sports that I use to do.  I guess not - the unoperated hip started acting up.  It did not need a BHR yet, but had bursitis in it >:(   The more I did, the more it acted up.  I ended up getting a steriod shot in it and stopped do a lot of reptitive actions.  It was even hurting when I was doing a lot of water walking. 

The unoperated hip takes a beating because it has to take more load for the bad hip both before surgery and post op. 

Some people have ended up with bursitis in the operated hip and that has really slowed them down.

Hopefully, after December you will have 2 good hips to get around on next summer.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

ahershberger

Thanks Pat.  I hope so too.  It just doesn't seem fair to trade one pain for another!
Alison

John C

Right around three weeks, I thought that I might be getting bursitis on both sides :( I was trying to do a lot of walking, and both hips were complaining. At six weeks, i was able to weight bear more equally on both legs, and the pain on the side of the hips went away almost overnight. No problems like that since.

John / Right Biomet/ Gross/ 6-16-08
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

Creakyhips

• 38 with a resurfaced left hip, right to follow?
    • My experience having a BHR including surgical error
Hi Alison and Hippies,

This is familiar with me also, I am 6 weeks post op LBHR and took my dog out walking the night before last (off the lead (leash)) I guess I walked about 3/4 mile and when I got home I felt the bursitis pain in my left hip region that was previously a hindrence - maybe I overdid it? Certainly I am aware of the extra stress on my right hip and this worries me that I will need the promised op earlier rather than later.

I also seem to get really fatigued easily too, anyone else?

Keep smiling,

James

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM