+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 5 days post op Dr Mont  (Read 1926 times)

Referee1962

5 days post op Dr Mont
« on: August 29, 2008, 09:09:15 AM »
Hello all,
I want to briefly chat about by resurfacing history .. I had my left hip resurfaced Monday Aug 25 by Dr Mont in Baltimore... I am a 46 year old very active male . I decided to have this surgery after years of pain from denerative arthritis . The declining condition of my hip was altering my gate and affecting other parts of my body... sciatic issues in my right leg , knee soreness in the left and increasing lower back pain...
I really can't put into words how pleased I am with my condition 5 days post op.
Very little pain...the strength and range of motion of my hip is increasing everyday
I am at the point where each day I look forward to PT and plan a little longer walk down the street..
I want to thank this website for all the information and guidence and to thank Dr Mont and his staff for creating a very comfortable , calm and relaxing  experience.
I will continue to post each week and update my progress.
Thanks again for all the support from this website
-Billy ;D

obxpelican

Re: 5 days post op Dr Mont
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 01:14:55 PM »
Sounds like you are well on your way Billy, I am glad to hear you are doing so well.  Dr. Mont's patients seem to do really well post-op.  The pain I had the first week was that of the feeling of a monkey fist in my hip, almost made me want to sit crooked the first week. 

It always seems to get better in days 7-9 and even better after that.  I now almost never use a crutch around the house now, on my outdoor walks I am still on one crutch.

Good luck!

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 5 days post op Dr Mont
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 06:00:42 PM »
Hi Billy

Congratulations you are an official Surface Hippy!

Glad to hear you are doing so well.  Dr. Mont is a great doctor and has many happy patients.

I hope your recovery continues to go well.

Good Luck and stay in touch!

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat