+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Intro.LHR 2 yrs ago,Rt one needed. Anyone use Raterman?  (Read 1318 times)

sherry

Intro.LHR 2 yrs ago,Rt one needed. Anyone use Raterman?
« on: September 14, 2008, 12:15:46 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm Sherry. I live in NCent FL. 1st hip resurf 11-10-06 at age 59 by Dr Kennedy in Sarrasota. Love that man, but he's retired from surgery  :'( .

Had a quick recovery. Husband was dx'ed w/ca 10 days after surgery and died 2 mo's later. I live alone now w/cats.  My Rt hip xray shows advanced osteo, femoral cyst starting and pain getting worse since June. I have superior bone density, no major health problems, but 40 lbs overweight. I work full time and was active until the pain started to get bad. I want to get this done. Dr's kept telling me it was my back for years before one figured out it was my hip and by then I was almost crippled.

I had checked out Dr Raterman 2 yrs ago but he was just starting resurfs then. I was impressed w/what I learned and now I hear he has almost 300 under his belt. Has anyone had a resurf by him and tell me about it?

I know Dr Stolarski is doing resurfs in Kennedys office but besides distance I would prefer not to use him since he tried talking me into a total hip before I was able to get in to see Kennedy. The surface hippies told me not to do it and I Thank God I listened. I was going to have Dr Gross do it but I was able to get an appt w/Kennedy.   When I saw Dr K. he was NOT happy when I told him about Dr S not wanting to do a resurf. I have to have total trust in my surgeon.

Since I live alone I would have to have neighbors check in on me when I get home. I plan on taking 2 mo's off work.

Anyone do it alone? Any suggestions?  Any info on Raterman & help appreciated.

Sherry LC+, 11-10-06 Kennedy

sroberts

• rbhr Dr Rogerson 6/26/08
Re: Intro.LHR 2 yrs ago,Rt one needed. Anyone use Raterman?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 12:24:59 PM »
Hi Sherry,

I've heard nothing but great things about Dr Raterman. This includes praise from his peers in the resurfacing arena. I don't think you could go wrong by checking him out.

spencer

sherry

Re: Intro.LHR 2 yrs ago,Rt one needed. Anyone use Raterman?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 12:33:46 PM »
Thank you Spencer.
My intuition tells me he is the one to go with.

Sherry

PS Cute dog.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM