+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Natural anti-inflammatory supplements?  (Read 1902 times)

obxpelican

Natural anti-inflammatory supplements?
« on: October 01, 2008, 06:37:50 PM »
Are there any people out there who are into natural remedies?

What I would like is something that is a natural inflammatory supplement that works well.   When I have been working out and doing exercises I tend to get sore, I got worried once after doing some leg lifts I hurt a lot in the hip area so I took a celebrex and within a few hours and I was great, by the next morning I was still fine.

I would really like to just quit taking anything for relief from inflammation whatsoever at leas medicine wise.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

swedish hippy

Re: Natural anti-inflammatory supplements?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 07:48:22 AM »
glucosamine has an antiinflammatory effect...it should be sulphate based.

Have used it continuously during my years preop....at least 6 years....1500 mg a day is the recommended dose.

It was given to me the first time by an orthopedist after I told him that my stomach was getting really bad from perscription drugs.

Then I would try acupuncture...it keeps its effect for about 2 years and then you have to go back and do it again.

Good luck!!

Åse
Walking is heaven on earth.

snoots

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 09:47:08 PM »
Chuck,
Try serrapeptas 90,000 iu and take two or three in the morning on an empty stomach.
It helps with inflamation and has no side effects.

Terry

hawaiieric

• Happy kiter here...
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 02:29:06 PM »
Aloha Chuck,

I am new here, got my surgery 7 days ago.  I have been taking tumeric 20 days prior and since I got operated on.  It works as an anti-inflamation agent along with pain and even aids in healiing.  When my friend mentioned it to me, I went to the natural food store and they even had other items for me, but I simply stuck to the tumeric.  Its the herb flavoring of curry.  The best part, its pretty cheap, and you can't really over do it, I get it in pill form, take around 4-5 a day. 

Eric

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat