+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pain in other hip - Bursitis?  (Read 1897 times)

Jill W

Pain in other hip - Bursitis?
« on: October 17, 2008, 02:14:44 PM »
I had my left hip resurfaced 10 months ago (12/17/2007) by Dr. Gregula in Galveston Texas. The left hip is doing great...however, for the last 3+ months I have been having progressively worsening pain in my right hip (right anterior-lateral pain which is particularly painful when I sleep on my left side).  Has anyone else experienced this?  I have been to a chiropractor (which has not helped yet). Any suggestions regarding diagnosis (and treatment) would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Pain in other hip - Bursitis?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 03:59:28 PM »
Hi Jill

That is the same problem I have.  I had my hip resurfacing March 2006.  I planned to be really active when I healed. The more active I became, the more my unoperated hip hurt.  I thought I needed to have it resurfaced, but my doctor said it did not need to be replaced.

I had bursitus.  My pain doctor gave me a steroid shot in the hip.  That helped quite a bit.  Now I just have to be careful not to overdue or run the steps too much.  I have one great hip with a BHR and a hip with bursitus.  I can't sleep on my unoperated side for more than an hour or so.  I have a thick mattress cover to help pad my side.

So you are not the only one.  Some people actually have gotten bursitus in their operated hip.  Now that's not fair at all!

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Jill W

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 04:22:22 PM »
Pat -

Thanks for your reply.  So it sounds like you continue to have the bursitis...it doesn't totally go away?  How was yours diagnosed?   

Jill

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 07:52:26 PM »
I have a freind who is a pain doctor and when I complained, he knew how to push in right over the hip bone to make it hurt.  He could tell it was bursitis.  My hip resurfacing doctor, De Smet, told me my hip was not bad enough to have it resurfaced.  So something else had to be causing the pain.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

sherry

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2008, 09:29:40 PM »
Had left hip resurfaced 11-06. Rt hip was moderate OA, xrayed 3-08. June the pain started. Thought it was my back. Chiro said bursitis of rt hip. He pushed on rt hip also. By Sept I had my Dr xray my rt hip and the pain was from hip which deteriorated a lot from March to June. Your might be bursitis but if you can get it xrayed and viewed to make sure it's not your hip.

Sherry LC+ 11-10-06 Kennedy
20 days until RBHR 11-06-08 Raterman

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM