+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: mri results and new issues  (Read 1728 times)

cindy26

mri results and new issues
« on: October 18, 2008, 12:29:48 PM »
I went and had my MRI of my right hip done.  Heres what the report says.

Findings:
Osseous:  Ghost holes within both proximal femora.  The right remoral head appears dorsally subluxed in reference to the right femoral neck on sagittal sequence, suggestive of chronic healed slipped capital femoral epiphysis.  No acute fracture avascular necrosis , or worrisome osseous lesion.  Sagittal imaging was not performed through the left hip however the left femoral head does appear to be minimally dorsally subluxed upon the left fermoral neck also possibly related to prior healed SCFE. Clinical correlation.  Ghost homes related to core decompressions is less likely.

Joint:  Right hip joint space narrowing, subchondral degenerative changes and osteophytosis.  Tiny bilateral hip joint effusions.

General:  Tiny amount of fluid within both greater trochanteric bursae.  Ferromagnetic artifact along both hips consistent with prior surgery.  Frequent 6 cm left adnexal cyst.  Follow up pelvic sonogram is suggested in 2-3 menstral cycles to confirm resolution.  Blooming artifact within the lower uterine segment with may represent a  calcified fibroid or postsurgical change.  IUD is much less likely.  Uterine fundus is deviated into the left hemipelvis.

IMPRESSION:
1.  Probable chronic healed right femoral SCFE with secondary degenerative changes in right hip.
2.  3.6 cm left adnexal cyst.  Follow up pelvic sonogram is recommended in 2-3 menstral cycles to confirm resolution.

I really hope this don't delay my surgery.  I am counting down days just to see the ortho again to set it up.  The only good news is that my old pin holes have healed and they are only shadows.   I see the surgeon on the 29th and I am really ready to get this hip fixed.  It is so hard to walk and I am still trying to work and take care of my toddler.  When I get home from work I just want to cry.  My PCP put me on OPANA ER 10 mg twice a day and I am to take lortab for breakthrough pain as needed.  I hate being on pain meds but I can't stand it.  I don't know want to know how bad the pain would be if I wasn't taking anything.   I really don't want any delays so I hope this cyst thing is ok and want cause the orthopaedic to wait to do the surgery. 

B.I.L.L.

Re: mri results and new issues
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 02:20:42 AM »
Hey Cindy, Best of luck to you, hope it goes well on the 29th and they are able to get you in asap.  Sorry you had to become such a hip expert, Good luck, Bill

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: mri results and new issues
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 08:41:15 PM »
Hi Cindy

That's pretty technical stuff.  I hope your surgeon will tell you that you are a good hip resurfacing candidate.

We will wait to hear how things work out.

Being in pain is no fun and most of us here and been there.  Fortunately, for many of us, we are now out of pain.  Even if for some reason you can't have a hip resurfaicng, I assume you would receive a Metal on Metal THR.  That is a good solution if you can't have a hip resurfacing.  You can remain very active with a MOM THR and be out of pain.

We will, however, keep our fingers crossed that you can have a hip resurfacing.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM