+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Pat will be away until Oct. 27  (Read 2105 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Pat will be away until Oct. 27
« on: October 20, 2008, 10:43:16 PM »
I wanted to remind everyone that I am going to the 2nd Annual Hip Resurfacing Course in LA. I leave this Thurs. and won't be back home until Sun. night.  The course runs from early morning until evening both days.  I know I won't have much time to check emails or the discussion group.

I did not want anyone to think I am ignoring them.  I am not - I am just busy getting ready for my trip and then will be very busy while in LA.  I have a number of doctors that will be meeting with me plus some of the medical companies that make the hip resurfacing devices.

I am very excited about the conference and know I am going to learn a lot.  I will try to write as many articles as possible when I return.  I hope to also get some doctor videos for the website. 

I am going to have my neighbor watch the discussion group with Monitor permissions in case someone decides to place ads or some strange "adult" stuff.  Fortunately, that does not happen very much.

I hope everyone will continue to help each other while I am gone.  In reality, this group is really about the members and not me.  There are enough experienced Surface Hippies now that they know most of the standard answers to most of the questions.  You can always do a search on the main website for information too.

Please be supportive and kind to each other   ;)   I know you will because you are a great group of Surface Hippies!

I will miss everyone while I am gone  ;D

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

B.I.L.L.

Re: Pat will be away until Oct. 27
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 11:43:44 PM »
Don't worry Pat, If anyone gets outta line we'll chase em out of here, Ha Ha.  Enjoy your days away and look forward to hearing about what you learn.  You mentioned there will be some manufactures at the show, I have kind of a weird (my wife thinks its weird anyway) question. I have a 50mm bhr head and a 56mm bhr cup. I want to buy both, just to have as a paperweight on my desk, plus it would be fun to have the exact implant that is in me to show those who are interested, and to remind me of my 2nd lease on a pain free life so to speak. My Dr. said no way and Smith and Nephew said the same, I dont know how much $$ it would be if someone would sell me one, maybe I'm dreaming thinking it would be 3 or 4 hundred bucks, but do you have any resources on how much and where (how) to buy one ?   I know its creepy, but I just want one ha ha.  Good luck in LA, and I hope you enjoy your weekend.   B.I.L.L.     

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 07:19:50 AM »
Hi B.I.L.L.

Thanks for keeping an eye on the Group!

I am not sure of the exact cost of a BHR, but I heard somewhere that it was about $5000 before the FDA approval.  Now I read somewhere that it was about $12,000    A bit much for a paper weight.

If you remind me when I get back, there was a company that was making a replica of it for medical demonstrations or if people wanted one.  They wanted me to sell them.  It was almost a year or more ago.  I would have to go hunting back in my old emails. 

Pat
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

obxpelican

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 10:15:25 AM »
Pat,

Have fun at the conference.... don't drink too much of that hippy punch--- I hear OS doctors can be pretty wild when you get them together  ;)  If you catch Dr Gross with a lampshade on his head take a picture and send it to me.   :)

I wish I was traveling this week, to anywhere would be great.  I just love the ride out to the airport knowing I am flying to somewhere fun. 

Be safe, have fun. 
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 12:46:13 PM »
Hi B.I.L.L.

Thanks for keeping an eye on the Group!

I am not sure of the exact cost of a BHR, but I heard somewhere that it was about $5000 before the FDA approval.  Now I read somewhere that it was about $12,000    A bit much for a paper weight.

If you remind me when I get back, there was a company that was making a replica of it for medical demonstrations or if people wanted one.  They wanted me to sell them.  It was almost a year or more ago.  I would have to go hunting back in my old emails. 

Pat

:o :o :o :o :o WOWEEEEE !!!!!  12K ???  Ha Ha Nevermind.  The replica sounds pretty cool though, I'll scour the internet & post up what I find.  Nice to know I'm not the only one that thought of this.  My wife (who has been heroic through this whole thing) gave me the eyeroll of the century when I brought it up ;D ;D 
   Is there a trade show type thing that is open to the public this weekend ?  LA's about an hour away and I have cabin fever.....  8)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 02:45:41 PM »
Hi B.I.L.L.

The conference I am attending is actually a training course for doctors to learn hip resurfacing.  They will be doing surgery Sat. afternoon.

It is only for doctors.  Sorry that they don't allow patients or non-medical people into the conference.  You have to sign up ahead of time.  I am lucky to attend since I am considered in the allied medical field. 

Have fun!

Pat
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 04:56:02 PM »
Thanks.  Have a good time !

wayne-0

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 11:38:41 PM »
Hi Pat,
I'm sure you will learn quite a bit of info at the conference and we all appreciate that. Do'nt bring too thick of a coat out here,it's not that cold yet ha ha ha.
                                         Wayne-0
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

woodway2

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 12:24:44 AM »
Hi Pat
Woodway here - well, really , Nancy.
 I found the course on the web and it looks great! Have a wonderful trip and experience!

Big Bill

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 10:55:18 PM »
Pat ...Big Bill here... have a great time and thanks for all you do! Your continuing research and dedication shows the heart and copmassion you have for all you touch. Bring back some more info to share with the current and all of the future Hippies out there. Have a safe journey.

Best regards, Big Bill   C.A.S.H.   8)

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat