+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Numbness & Electrical Feeling in Leg  (Read 2835 times)

San Francisco Hippy

Numbness & Electrical Feeling in Leg
« on: November 30, 2008, 12:32:18 AM »
Okay, my husband suggested I write and let you all respond to what I'm saying to him.  So here it is...  I've got no feeling on the interior half of my operated leg from top of thigh all the way down to the foot.  The PA and Dr. said it's normal and the slowest to return but boy it's weird!  Anybody else out there?  The other thing is this feeling of electric current running down the operated leg off and on during the day most noticeable at night?  I'm assuming this is normal??  Any feedback would be appreciated.  I'm taking Tylenol when I go to bed because it's most problematic then and I'm on aspirin for blood thinning but that's it...  Casey  RHR Conserve+, Amstutz, 11/20/08
I might not be much but I'm all I ever think about...

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Numbness & Electrical Feeling in Leg
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 07:28:56 AM »
Hi Casey

I am not a  doctor, but am guessing it is a bit of nerve damage that will heal with time.  Some people have that kind of problem, not all people do.  Most that I know of do heal and get their feeling back.

Again, you have to give your body permission to heal.  You are just out of surgery.  This is very difficult on your body and it needs time, time and time to heal.

Be patient and don't let every pain or problem give you a major panic attack.  You have had major surgery and it will take time to heal.

Be patient.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

dvander

Re: Numbness & Electrical Feeling in Leg
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 09:19:26 PM »
On 11/18, I had the RBHR.  After the numbness wore off, I realized the biggest pain was inside my leg about 8 inches long between my knee and groin.  It seemed something had been strained or torn during the surgery.  This has decreased greatly, but, for the past few days, my ankle on the operated side, feels like it is bound and so tight, it is very uncomfortable.  Not sure if this is linked to the knee which seems slightly tight.  Everything else is going great.

Is there anyone else who has had the same symptoms?  It does seem worse at the end of the day and overnight.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat