+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Left hip tomorrow  (Read 1632 times)

gl3

Left hip tomorrow
« on: December 07, 2008, 07:36:38 PM »
Big day is coming tomorrow ! Not looking forward to the next few weeks but I  am looking forward to getting on with my life. Definitely have a bit of anxiety which I am sure is normal ?

George

Barbara

Re: Left hip tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 07:58:24 PM »
Good luck George.
I'm also having my left hip resurfaced tomorrow, right hip was done 8 weeks ago. Where are you having your surgery and who is the Dr? Mine is Dr Pritchett, Seattle.
I found the 1st couple of weeks the most difficult then it was all uphill. I really had very little pain post surgery and have had more problems with my unoperated side. The relief from the arthritis pain and the increased range of motion still amazes me. Like you I am looking forward to getting on with my life and back to skiing.
It is normal to feel anxious though I can tell you i am not as anxious tonight as I was 8 weeks ago as I now know what to expect. I wish you a speedy uneventful recovery. Keep us up to date with your progress.
Barbara
Barbara
RBHR 10/13/2008. LBHR 12/08/2008. LBHR revision 1/18/2010, LTHR 9/23 2011, RTHR 12/16 2011............
Dr Pritchet, Seattle

gl3

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 08:16:25 PM »
Hello Barbara ,

I am having my surgery at St Vincents hospital in Los Angeles with Dr. Schmalzreid. Thanks for all of your feedback I appreciate it. How was sleeping the first couple of weeks ? I will keep in touch and compare notes on the recovery !

George

wayne-0

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »
George and Barbara,
Good luck tomorrow hope all goes well with both of you. Barbara, since this is your second time you know what to expect, for George you will be amazed when you wake up and that arthritic pain is gone ;D , then you'll be on your way to thinking about getting back in the water and riding some waves. See ya both OTOS.

Wayne-0
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

Barbara

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 10:23:16 PM »
Hi George,
I didn't sleep too well the first couple of weeks mainly due to having to reposition often. From what I've read on here Drs differ in what they tell you to do. I was told to sleep on my back or unoperated side with pillows between my legs to keep my hips in proper alignment. I would advise you to have lots of pillows available. I have been able to lie on my operated side the past couple of weeks. Thanks for your well wishes Wayne.
Take care
Barbara
Barbara
RBHR 10/13/2008. LBHR 12/08/2008. LBHR revision 1/18/2010, LTHR 9/23 2011, RTHR 12/16 2011............
Dr Pritchet, Seattle

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat