+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Now the decision--- which doctor do I choose?  (Read 1133 times)

soccernutmom

Now the decision--- which doctor do I choose?
« on: December 14, 2008, 12:54:43 PM »
Ok, I've read a lot of the information on this site, I've read what people have said about the various doctors, now I must make my decision.

Dr. Gross and Dr. Mont seem to be pretty popular in this country and Dr. DeSmet and Bose seem to be out of the country favorites.  I live in Norfolk, Va so Mont or Gross are both somewhat nearby. 

Any suggestions?

Terry

stevel

Re: Now the decision--- which doctor do I choose?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 01:55:00 PM »
Hi Terry,

I recommend Dr. Su at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan, NY.  Of course I'm partial since I recently had a LBHR done there and I'm recovering very well.  I wanted to go to a top-notch experienced hip resurfacing surgeon who installs a FDA approved device (BHR) that has a long successful track record in Europe and Australia backed by the no. 1 orthopedic hospital in the US (see US World & News Report - last two years). I traveled from Juneau, Alaska (8 hrs total flight time) so you are much closer and can even drive there.  My insurance paid for nearly all of the surgery and hospital bills.

Steve
LBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 9/29/08 age 55
RBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 11/1/19 age 66
Age 70

siamac

Re: Now the decision--- which doctor do I choose?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 08:00:51 PM »
Hi Terry,

Sometimes you can look at too many doctors and confusion sets in! I did recommend Dr Mont at Sinai. He is close to you, and by now he has probably performed well over 1500 resurfacings. You can't do better.

Cheers.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat