- 10 Month Update David Brewer’s H1 Ceramic Hip Resurfacing by Professor Cobb 2017
- David Brewer’s H1 Ceramic Hip Resurfacing with Professor Cobb 2017
- My Ceramic Hip Resurfacing by Professor Cobb 2017
- New hip resurfacing implant could lead to better outcomes for patients 2018
- Professor Cobb and H1 Ceramic Hip Resurfacing Patients
- Professor Cobb Hip Resurfacing Stories
Apologies for not updating for a while – absolutely NOT an indication of problems. On the contrary, I have been busy with rehab and training.
I am 10 months postop today. Surgery by Prof Cobb at Charing Cross hospital, London. Device H1 all ceramic clinical trial – NHS.
Last Sunday I raced the Triathlon England National Aquathlon championship – 750m open water swim (non-wetsuit mass start), 5k run. … Read the rest
Surgeons are treating patients with a new type of hip implant that could lead to better outcomes for younger, more active people requiring surgery.
Fifteen patients have so far been treated with a novel ceramic hip resurfacing implant in a new trial at Imperial College London. Early results suggest patients can return to physical activities such as swimming and cycling within six … Read the rest
Great to see the some of the H1 patients reaching a 3 month time point!
April 2018 Update and new article
My Hip Journey So Far – An osteopath recently hypothesised that the osteoarthritis (OA) in my left hip was probably caused by a leg length discrepancy from birth – my left jamming down first would have taken its toll and eventually caught-up with me over the course of my 50+ years! Whether or not this theory is correct, it is true to say that I started to notice … Read the rest