+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Favorite Exercise after Surgery **  (Read 3431 times)

blitz373

Favorite Exercise after Surgery **
« on: February 10, 2009, 08:21:14 PM »
Just Curious :  What is your favorite exercise to do after surgery for hip resurfacing ??  I would like to know which exercise is the most helpful, or else ,  (where and or how)  can I obtain a list, or sheet with them ?? thank you ...

Mudpro

• My Work
Re: Favorite Exercise after Surgery **
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 08:48:13 PM »
Follow your therapists directions for specific exercises.  here is a link to some offered on the McMinn Centre site.  Enter, then go to Rehabilitation: http://www.mcminncentre.co.uk/flash/

I started on a recumbent stationary bike at the end of week 2.

It helped me ease into developing a range of motion (ROM) and build my stamina back up.  At first i started with no resistance and could only do 10 minutes or so.  The recumbent bike has an adjustable seat that slid back AND leaned back so I could adjust it to whatever ROM I could handle at the time.

At week 8 I do 20 minutes in the morning when i get up and 20 minutes again in the evening after dinner, its GREAT!

Gotta give kuddos to a swimming pool to, started a few days ago, it kicked my butt and worked parts of the leg that other exercises didn't seem to reach.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 08:55:24 PM by Mudpro »
Bill
BHR on 12-10-08
OS:  Dr. Henry Boucher, Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD

hawaiieric

• Happy kiter here...
Re: Favorite Exercise after Surgery **
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 01:31:02 AM »
The excersize you hate the most and hurts the most is the best one for you.  For me it was leg lifts on my back, so I worked on that one and when I got that muscle up to par..  I worked it with weights after I could do them on my own...hope that info helps..
Eric

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal