+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Recovery at home  (Read 2031 times)

jjiam

Recovery at home
« on: September 17, 2007, 04:20:05 PM »
Hiya, all I am new to this website, but I got my hip resurfaced Tuesday Sept 11th, by Dr. Crovetti in Las Vegas.  I am recovering at home, but still need to take at least one narcotic every 5-6 hours.  I am planning a web site dictating my whole story.  I am so glad I found this web site.  I guess I am a regular Joe, since I am still using a walker, and then going to a cane.  I am getting better day by day.  I think the worst part for me is that since I was in great shape(I rode bicycle when I could up until the day i had my surgery) the doctor said I gave him a good sweat trying to cut through my ass muscles.  So that will be my healing time, muscle recovery. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2007, 05:07:32 PM by Pat Walter »

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Recovery at home
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 05:16:46 PM »
Hi jjiam

Welcome to Hip Talk.  I moved your posting to it's own section since you are new and have your own story to tell.

Congratulations on your hip resurfacing!  I hope you will be feeling better each day. It takes time to heal, especially in the beginning.  Some people heal fast and others more slowly.  THere doesn't seem to be any way to predict your recovery.  Just known that in time we all end up in the same place - all healed with no pain and doing just what we want to do. No restrictions after you are healed.

Do you know how many hip resurfacings Dr. Crovetti has done?  If you know, I can add him to my surgeons list.  I also need to know what his address is and info so I can list him.

Keeping a story about your hip resurfacing is a good idea.  It gives you something to look back on because you actually do forget a lot with time.  It also helps other people learn about your surgery and your doctor.  When you get your story done, please send me a copy  at  pwalter@surfacehippy.info   and I will be happy to post it for you.  Also I will post a link to your own website or blog if you let me know what it is.

Please keep in touch and let us know if we can answer any questions for you.

Pat in Ohio
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

jjiam

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 05:30:38 PM »
Thanks Pat, and yes Dr. Crovetti was such a great doctor.  He is so passionate about it.  That is what attracted me to him for the surgery.  He said I LOVE THIS SURGERY.  His words to me once he saw my x-ray is, "your hip is jacked up".  I laughed as if I didn't already know that. But after the surgery he said it is in there, he said you can cross your legs, or sleep on your side or whatever you want once the pain lets you.  He also trains other surgeons on the procedure.  He was the best!
Dr Crovetti
702-990-2290
880 Seven Hills Drive, Suite 140
Henderson, NV 89052

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 06:00:46 PM »
It is great to have doctors that are passionate about hip resurfacing.  There have been a handful that have trained, but often steer their patients into THRs if the surgery looks at all difficult.  I even had doctors write to me to put on the list and actually tell me that they will do a hip resurfacing when they think it is the right situation, but still think the THR is the gold standard of hip replacement.  Needless to say, I did not add them to my list.

I want doctors that are committed to hip resurfacing.   I don't think anyone should have a hip resurfacing if the experienced doctors say no, but the newer surgeons just don't have the experience.  I have even read about cases where Dr. De Smet and Bose said no, yet Dr. Gross in SC did one and visa versa.  It is almost as much an art as a learned skill.

I do hope you recovery quickly.

Do you know how many hip resurfacings Dr. Crovetti has done?  Do you know if he trained in the UK with McMinn.  I put all that kind of info on their listing. He sounds like the kind of doctor I should have on the list.  Can you find out the other info for me???

Thanks.  You are an official Surface Hippy now!!!

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat